Bill to rein in private universities to be taken up soon
Shimla: A bill aimed at reining in private
universities in Himachal Pradesh will be taken up during the
winter session of the state assembly beginning December.
The Himachal Pradesh Private Educational Institutions
(Regulatory Commission) Bill was earlier referred to the
Select Committee of the House.
The bill envisages making it mandatory for private
universities to employ regular faculty and make payment of
salaries through bank.
According to the legislation, private universities will
be required to take prior permission of the government before
starting new courses.
These will not be permitted to run online courses.
The bill, incorporating recommendations of the Select
Committee, will be taken up during the winter session, sources
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information