Bill to rein in private universities to be taken up soon
Shimla: A bill aimed at reining in private
universities in Himachal Pradesh will be taken up during the
winter session of the state assembly beginning December.
The Himachal Pradesh Private Educational Institutions
(Regulatory Commission) Bill was earlier referred to the
Select Committee of the House.
The bill envisages making it mandatory for private
universities to employ regular faculty and make payment of
salaries through bank.
According to the legislation, private universities will
be required to take prior permission of the government before
starting new courses.
These will not be permitted to run online courses.
The bill, incorporating recommendations of the Select
Committee, will be taken up during the winter session, sources
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police