Bills for hike in salaries of MLAs, ministers
Shimla: Four bills, seeking a hike in salaries and allowances of MLAs, ministers, the Speaker, the Deputy Speaker, Chief Parliamentary Secretary and parliamentary secretaries were introduced in Himachal Pradesh assembly on Thursday.
The bills, placed by Chief Minister PK Dhumal, proposes an increase of over Rs 21,000 per month in the emoluments of MLAs, which include hike in salary and constituency allowance of members from Rs 15,000 and Rs 20,000 to Rs 20,000 and Rs 35,000 per month respectively, water and electricity charges from Rs 1500 to Rs 3000 and travelling allowance from Rs 500 to Rs 1000 per day.
The minimum pension of ex-MLAs would be raised from Rs 14,000 to Rs 18,000 per month.
The hikes would entail an expenditure of Rs 3.30 crore per annum.
The salary of Chief Minister would be increased by Rs 5,000 from Rs 34,000 to Rs 39,000, of ministers from Rs 31,000 to Rs 36,000, of ministers of state from Rs 28,000 to Rs 33,000, Chief Parliamentary Secretaries from Rs 18,000 to Rs 23,000 and Parliamentary Secretary from Rs 17,000 to Rs 22,000 per month.
Salaries of the Speaker and the Deputy Speaker would also be increased from Rs 31,000 and Rs 28,000 to Rs 36,000 and Rs 33,000 per month respectively.
The Bills are likely to passed tomorrow.
Introducing the bills, the Chief Minister attributed the propose increase to sharp rise in cost of living.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!