Bills for hike in salaries of MLAs, ministers
Shimla: Four bills, seeking a hike in salaries and allowances of MLAs, ministers, the Speaker, the Deputy Speaker, Chief Parliamentary Secretary and parliamentary secretaries were introduced in Himachal Pradesh assembly on Thursday.
The bills, placed by Chief Minister PK Dhumal, proposes an increase of over Rs 21,000 per month in the emoluments of MLAs, which include hike in salary and constituency allowance of members from Rs 15,000 and Rs 20,000 to Rs 20,000 and Rs 35,000 per month respectively, water and electricity charges from Rs 1500 to Rs 3000 and travelling allowance from Rs 500 to Rs 1000 per day.
The minimum pension of ex-MLAs would be raised from Rs 14,000 to Rs 18,000 per month.
The hikes would entail an expenditure of Rs 3.30 crore per annum.
The salary of Chief Minister would be increased by Rs 5,000 from Rs 34,000 to Rs 39,000, of ministers from Rs 31,000 to Rs 36,000, of ministers of state from Rs 28,000 to Rs 33,000, Chief Parliamentary Secretaries from Rs 18,000 to Rs 23,000 and Parliamentary Secretary from Rs 17,000 to Rs 22,000 per month.
Salaries of the Speaker and the Deputy Speaker would also be increased from Rs 31,000 and Rs 28,000 to Rs 36,000 and Rs 33,000 per month respectively.
The Bills are likely to passed tomorrow.
Introducing the bills, the Chief Minister attributed the propose increase to sharp rise in cost of living.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks