Biting cold sweeps Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: After snow and intermittent rains, Himachal Pradesh reeled under intense cold with the state capital recording coldest night of the season as mercury dipped to 2.4 degree Celsius.
Night temperatures across the state slipped further due to the snow fall and hovered around freezing point, Meteorological department said.
Keylong in tribal Lahaul and Spiti district and Kalpa in Kinnaur recorded lowest temperatures at minus 8.5 deg C and minus 5.4 deg C while Sundernagar, Bhuntar and Una, Mandi and Palampur recorded a low of 4.5 deg, 5 to 8 notches below normal.
The key tourist spot Manali recorded a minimum at minus 3.0 deg C while it was a low of 0.5 deg C at Solan.
High altitude tribal areas, which experienced intermittent snowfall during the past 48 hours reeled under biting cold wave conditions with minimum temperature staying between minus 10 and minus 16 deg C.
Bangana and Una recorded 30 mm and 18 mm of rains, causing sharp fall in day temperature which stayed 8 to 10 deg below normal.
Nadaun in Hamirpur district recorded 14 mm of rains followed by Banjar 13 mm, Kotkhai 12 mm, Berthin 11 mm, Sujanpurtira, Hamirpur, Gohar and Sundernagar 10 mm.
Una was hottest in the region with a high of 21.2 deg C, followed by Dharamsala 17.8 deg C, Bhuntar 15.4 deg C, Nahan 15.2 deg C, Sundernagar 14.9 deg C and Kalpa 04.8 deg C.
The local MeT office has predicted rains or snow at isolated places throughout the state during next 48 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- My father cut me off when I was 18: Sonam Kapoor
- Explore new friends on 'Tinder Social' in India now
- Bhagwant Mann posts video of security pickets on way to Parliament; MPs attack AAP lawmaker
- Mario Goetze returns home: Germany's World Cup hero leaves Bayern Munich for Borussia Dortmund
- 43 civilians dead in bombardment of Syria rebel-held areas: Report