BJP accuses HPCC chief of helping outsiders acquire land
Shimla: BJP Wednesday accused Congress chief of Himachal V B Singh of flouting norms to enable a large number of "outsiders" acquire land in the state during his tenure as Chief Minister.
Several outsiders including a foreign national were given permission to acquire land in Himachal during the previous Congress government, state BJP president Satpal Singh Satti said.
In its tenure, Congress had given 2,398 permissions for land purchase, he said adding, "Whereas, BJP government in its present regime has given 1,497 permissions only."
The Tibetan refugees were also allowed to buy land during the Congress regime, he said.
Congress is trying to mislead people by making "baseless" allegations that land was being sold in the state as per the whims and fancies of the BJP government, he said.
The BJP leader challenged Singh for an open debate with state Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal over the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Dempo return to I-League with 3-1 win against Minerva
- At least 700 dead after series of shipwrecks off Libyan coast
- Sidharth Malhotra is spilling hotness all over this summer! - Pic inside
- No touching! Operate Google's smartwatches just with hand gestures - Watch
- Indo-Pak bilateral series: Pakistan govt tells PCB not to initiate dialogue with BCCI