BJP accuses HPCC chief of helping outsiders acquire land
Shimla: BJP Wednesday accused Congress chief of Himachal V B Singh of flouting norms to enable a large number of "outsiders" acquire land in the state during his tenure as Chief Minister.
Several outsiders including a foreign national were given permission to acquire land in Himachal during the previous Congress government, state BJP president Satpal Singh Satti said.
In its tenure, Congress had given 2,398 permissions for land purchase, he said adding, "Whereas, BJP government in its present regime has given 1,497 permissions only."
The Tibetan refugees were also allowed to buy land during the Congress regime, he said.
Congress is trying to mislead people by making "baseless" allegations that land was being sold in the state as per the whims and fancies of the BJP government, he said.
The BJP leader challenged Singh for an open debate with state Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal over the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing