BJP accuses HPCC chief of helping outsiders acquire land
Shimla: BJP Wednesday accused Congress chief of Himachal V B Singh of flouting norms to enable a large number of "outsiders" acquire land in the state during his tenure as Chief Minister.
Several outsiders including a foreign national were given permission to acquire land in Himachal during the previous Congress government, state BJP president Satpal Singh Satti said.
In its tenure, Congress had given 2,398 permissions for land purchase, he said adding, "Whereas, BJP government in its present regime has given 1,497 permissions only."
The Tibetan refugees were also allowed to buy land during the Congress regime, he said.
Congress is trying to mislead people by making "baseless" allegations that land was being sold in the state as per the whims and fancies of the BJP government, he said.
The BJP leader challenged Singh for an open debate with state Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal over the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof