BJP accuses HPCC chief of helping outsiders acquire land
Shimla: BJP Wednesday accused Congress chief of Himachal V B Singh of flouting norms to enable a large number of "outsiders" acquire land in the state during his tenure as Chief Minister.
Several outsiders including a foreign national were given permission to acquire land in Himachal during the previous Congress government, state BJP president Satpal Singh Satti said.
In its tenure, Congress had given 2,398 permissions for land purchase, he said adding, "Whereas, BJP government in its present regime has given 1,497 permissions only."
The Tibetan refugees were also allowed to buy land during the Congress regime, he said.
Congress is trying to mislead people by making "baseless" allegations that land was being sold in the state as per the whims and fancies of the BJP government, he said.
The BJP leader challenged Singh for an open debate with state Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal over the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL