BJP fails to finalise remaining 23 Assembly seats in HP
Shimla:With rebellion brewing in more than a dozen constituencies after release of first list of 45 candidates for Assembly polls in Himachal Pradesh, BJP core committee failed to finalise candidates for remaining 23 seats and sent names to the High Command to take final decision.
The core committee met at Chandigarh under the chairmanship of Sat Pal Satti today.
The Jwalamukhi constituency represented by Food and Supplies minister Romesh Dhawala has become bone of contention with Irrigation and Public Health minister Ravinder Singh Ravi adamant to contest from that seat.
Dhawala is being backed by BJP Vice President Shanta Kumar while his rival Ravi has full support of chief minister Prem Kumar Dhumal, who wants Dhawala to shift to adjoining constituency of Dehra.
Similarly, the core committee was undecided in axing sitting MLAs Tejwant Singh Negi (Kinnaur), Vidhan Sabha Speaker Tulsi Ram (Bharmaur), former ministers Roop Singh Thakur (Sundernagar) and Dile Ram (Nachan), Inder Singh Thakur (Sarkaghat), Atma Ram (Rajgir) and Desh Raj (Indora).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya