BJP fails to finalise remaining 23 Assembly seats in HP
Shimla:With rebellion brewing in more than a dozen constituencies after release of first list of 45 candidates for Assembly polls in Himachal Pradesh, BJP core committee failed to finalise candidates for remaining 23 seats and sent names to the High Command to take final decision.
The core committee met at Chandigarh under the chairmanship of Sat Pal Satti today.
The Jwalamukhi constituency represented by Food and Supplies minister Romesh Dhawala has become bone of contention with Irrigation and Public Health minister Ravinder Singh Ravi adamant to contest from that seat.
Dhawala is being backed by BJP Vice President Shanta Kumar while his rival Ravi has full support of chief minister Prem Kumar Dhumal, who wants Dhawala to shift to adjoining constituency of Dehra.
Similarly, the core committee was undecided in axing sitting MLAs Tejwant Singh Negi (Kinnaur), Vidhan Sabha Speaker Tulsi Ram (Bharmaur), former ministers Roop Singh Thakur (Sundernagar) and Dile Ram (Nachan), Inder Singh Thakur (Sarkaghat), Atma Ram (Rajgir) and Desh Raj (Indora).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it