BJP fails to finalise remaining 23 Assembly seats in HP
Shimla:With rebellion brewing in more than a dozen constituencies after release of first list of 45 candidates for Assembly polls in Himachal Pradesh, BJP core committee failed to finalise candidates for remaining 23 seats and sent names to the High Command to take final decision.
The core committee met at Chandigarh under the chairmanship of Sat Pal Satti today.
The Jwalamukhi constituency represented by Food and Supplies minister Romesh Dhawala has become bone of contention with Irrigation and Public Health minister Ravinder Singh Ravi adamant to contest from that seat.
Dhawala is being backed by BJP Vice President Shanta Kumar while his rival Ravi has full support of chief minister Prem Kumar Dhumal, who wants Dhawala to shift to adjoining constituency of Dehra.
Similarly, the core committee was undecided in axing sitting MLAs Tejwant Singh Negi (Kinnaur), Vidhan Sabha Speaker Tulsi Ram (Bharmaur), former ministers Roop Singh Thakur (Sundernagar) and Dile Ram (Nachan), Inder Singh Thakur (Sarkaghat), Atma Ram (Rajgir) and Desh Raj (Indora).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city