BJP first list candidates for HP poll in 1st week of September
Hamirpur: Ruling BJP in Himachal Pradesh would release its first list of assembly poll candidates in the first week of September, Chief Minister P K Dhumal said on Thursday.
He said the second list of party nominees would be out much before the declaration of the poll schedule.
Talking to mediapersons here, he said winnability and good public image would be the main criteria for selection of candidates and the elections would be fought on the plank of development and eradication of corruption.
Dhumal dismissed the "charge-sheet" submitted to the President by state Congress against the BJP government as a "bundle of lies and compilation oft-repeated unsubstantiated allegations" and said such "imaginary" documents would not cut ice with the people.
He said the government would bring two important bills in the coming monsoon session of the assembly providing for 33 per cent reservation for women in cooperative societies and confiscation of properties of private universities in case they deviated from norms or did not utilise the land for bonafide purposes.
Dhumal announced the setting up of a Rs 100-crore training institution for the Panchayati Raj functionaries at Ujanpurtira of Hamirpur district and said the proposal had already been sent to the Centre for approval.
This would be the fourth centre in the state as three such centres are already functioning in Shimla, Mandi and Kangra, he said, adding the centre would impart proper legislative and judicial training to PRI functionaries.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?