BJP leader appeals against shifting of HP university campus
New Delhi: A BJP MP on Saturday appealed the Centre not to shift the campus of Himachal Pradesh Central University from Dehra to Dharmashala, as proposed by the Congress-ruled state government.
Lok Sabha MP and National President of Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha, Anurag Singh Thakur, today met HRD minister M M Pallam Raju and asked him to reconsider the decision.
Thakur alleged that the Himachal government was turning a "blind eye" to the recommendation of an expert panel which recommended that the campus should be set up at Dehra.
The Virbhadra Singh government had reportedly decided to have a unified campus for the University at Dharamsala instead of two campuses as proposed at Dehra and Dharamsala.
The Centre has also given its nod to establish a central university in HP under Central University Act 2009. The state government had provided adequate land for the campus at Dehra.
"The state government is turning a blind eye to the recommendation of the HRD Ministry panel. The state government is adamant on shifting the campus to Dharmashala against the wishes of residents of Dehra," Thakur said.
He alleged that the state government was playing politics on the issue.
"Why the government is adamant to shift the camps to Dharmashala when required land for campus is not available there?" Thakur asked.
Previous government`s decision to set up university campus at Dehra should not be changed, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars