BJP maligning Virbhadra`s image, says Congress
Shimla: The opposition BJP in Himachal Pradesh is trying to divert the public`s attention by maligning the image of Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh over alleged payoffs by a company to him and his family, the state Congress said Thursday.
"As the chief minister has reiterated that he is ready for a CBI probe and he will cooperate in the investigation conducted by the agency, we also want these two BJP leaders to prove the charges or quit politics as Virbhadra Singh has also promised to do so if proved guilty," state Congress chief Sukhvinder Sukhu said.
The Congress chief was referring to Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders Arun Jaitley and Anurag Thakur, who have demanded the chief minister`s resignation over the alleged payoffs.
Congress leader said there was no truth in the allegations.
Jaitley alleged that the chief minister accepted Rs.1.5 crore and Rs.2.4 crore through cheques in his and his parliamentarian wife Pratibha Singh`s name from Venture Energy and Technology Pvt. Ltd, which was executing a power project in the state.
He said the company was given two extensions in a hydel power project despite defaulting.
Thakur, an MP from Hamirpur in Himachal and son of two-time chief minister Prem Kumar Dhumal, in a complaint to Chief Election Commissioner V.S. Sampath sought action against Virbhadra Singh for hiding information in his election affidavit.
He said the chief minister did not declare the payments or the shares held by his family members in the company.
"The state has ordered inquiry into various corruption cases (during the previous BJP regime) as phone tapping, proxy land deals and into the Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association (HPCA) in which Dhumal`s family members are facing several cases," Congress leaders said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah