BJP rebel to launch padyatra for Dhumal`s ouster
Palampur: Suspended BJP MP from Kangra, Rajan Sushant, on Friday announced that he would launch a state-wide agitation demanding the resignation of Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal over alleged "irregularities" in various clearances granted to the Jaypee group.
Accusing Dhumal of allowing the group to build a cement plant in Solan district in violation of rules, Sushant said he would carry out a padyatra in the state demanding the Chief Minister`s scalp.
"I had asked the Chief Minister to resign within fifteen days after the alleged complicity of his government in this scandal had been exposed with the Himachal High Court pulling up the Jaypee group. But he failed to act," Sushant said.
He also alleged that the Chief Minister had violated norms in allotment of land during the IPL matches to benefit his son, who is the president of Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association (HPCA).
Sushant demanded that all plots granted to the HPCA be handed back to the state sports department with immediate effect.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas