BJP says it lost in HP poll due to internal feud
Shimla: Internal feud, wrong choice of candidates and presence of strong rebels in about one and a half dozen constituencies contributed to BJP`s defeat in assembly polls in Himachal Pradesh.
This was the view that emerged at a review meeting of the state unit of BJP to analyse the causes for defeat in the recent polls.
The meeting was attended by party candidates, district and block BJP presidents and other state leaders but former chief minister PK Dhumal and party Vice President Shanta Kumar stayed away.
Candidates and leaders from districts blamed factionalism and wrong distribution of tickets for the defeat while some leaders from Kangra alleged the state leadership ignored the wokers of Kangra district and did not make any attempt to redress their grievances, which resulted in decimation of the party from ten to three seats.
The co-in-charge of the party Shyam Jaju, who briefed the media, said the reasons for the defeat are internal.
"We have not been defeated by Congress but lost because of our own reasons may be factionalism and wrong distribution of tickets, he said.
He claimed the people were with the party and supported the policies and achievements of the government but said strong rebels in about one and half dozen Constituencies scripted the defeat of the party.
Poor poll management at local level at some places also contributed to the loss, Jaju added.
The state party chief Satapal Singh Satti said that reports from each block were presented and discussed at the meeting and a comprehensive report would be placed before the core committee at its meeting next month for further action and steps to strengthen the party.
He said the candidates, both elected and defeated, gave their views citing reasons that worked in their favour and against and free and frank discussions were held.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown