BJP says it lost in HP poll due to internal feud
Shimla: Internal feud, wrong choice of candidates and presence of strong rebels in about one and a half dozen constituencies contributed to BJP`s defeat in assembly polls in Himachal Pradesh.
This was the view that emerged at a review meeting of the state unit of BJP to analyse the causes for defeat in the recent polls.
The meeting was attended by party candidates, district and block BJP presidents and other state leaders but former chief minister PK Dhumal and party Vice President Shanta Kumar stayed away.
Candidates and leaders from districts blamed factionalism and wrong distribution of tickets for the defeat while some leaders from Kangra alleged the state leadership ignored the wokers of Kangra district and did not make any attempt to redress their grievances, which resulted in decimation of the party from ten to three seats.
The co-in-charge of the party Shyam Jaju, who briefed the media, said the reasons for the defeat are internal.
"We have not been defeated by Congress but lost because of our own reasons may be factionalism and wrong distribution of tickets, he said.
He claimed the people were with the party and supported the policies and achievements of the government but said strong rebels in about one and half dozen Constituencies scripted the defeat of the party.
Poor poll management at local level at some places also contributed to the loss, Jaju added.
The state party chief Satapal Singh Satti said that reports from each block were presented and discussed at the meeting and a comprehensive report would be placed before the core committee at its meeting next month for further action and steps to strengthen the party.
He said the candidates, both elected and defeated, gave their views citing reasons that worked in their favour and against and free and frank discussions were held.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Manipur HSLC exam result 2016: Manipur Board Class 10 result to be declared shortly, check manresult.nic.in for Manipur Class X result 2016
- Air ambulance with seven people crash lands in Delhi's Najafgarh
- Nehru, Gandhi family responsible for rising rapes in India, says Rajasthan BJP MLA Gyandev Ahuja
- Shocking video: Old woman mercilessly beaten up by her daughter in Delhi
- Chris Gayle: Melbourne Renegades refuse to renew his contract for BBL 6