BJP should tender apology or face defamation: Himachal minister
Dharamsala: Himachal Pradesh minister GS Bali on Thursday sought an apology from the BJP for alleging that he had bought "shamlat" land, and threatened to file a defamation case if failed to to do so within 15 days.
A day after the BJP came out with a "charge-sheet" listing alleged cases of corruption and irregularities against the Chief Minister and his ministerial colleagues, the Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Minister denied the charges against him at a press conference here today.
"I have not purchased any `shamlat` land in Gopalpur area of Kangra district for Rs 1.81 crore. Instead I have purchased the land from Nalini Singh and Rajinder Kour (relatives of Patiala royal family)... It does not fall under the forest land category, which cannot be sold," Bali said.
Rejecting the allegations of procuring sugar at a higher rate causing loss of crores of rupees to the state, he said, "If any `ghotala` (irregularity) is proven in sugar purchase then I will quit politics, and if not, Dhumal (leader of the opposition) should quit politics."
Bali said if the BJP, led by Dhumal, doesn`t tender an apology within 15 days, he would send defamation notice to the party. He also said that he would soon come out with documentary proof of misdeeds by Dhumal when he was Chief Minister of the state.
The BJP had yesterday dubbed one-year rule of the Congress in Himachal Pradesh a "dark chapter" in the history of the state, marked by rampant corruption, irregularities, and political vendetta. It had also submitted a 28-page "chargesheet" to Governor Urmilla Singh against state ministers, seeking a CBI probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir