BJP should tender apology or face defamation: Himachal minister
Dharamsala: Himachal Pradesh minister GS Bali on Thursday sought an apology from the BJP for alleging that he had bought "shamlat" land, and threatened to file a defamation case if failed to to do so within 15 days.
A day after the BJP came out with a "charge-sheet" listing alleged cases of corruption and irregularities against the Chief Minister and his ministerial colleagues, the Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Minister denied the charges against him at a press conference here today.
"I have not purchased any `shamlat` land in Gopalpur area of Kangra district for Rs 1.81 crore. Instead I have purchased the land from Nalini Singh and Rajinder Kour (relatives of Patiala royal family)... It does not fall under the forest land category, which cannot be sold," Bali said.
Rejecting the allegations of procuring sugar at a higher rate causing loss of crores of rupees to the state, he said, "If any `ghotala` (irregularity) is proven in sugar purchase then I will quit politics, and if not, Dhumal (leader of the opposition) should quit politics."
Bali said if the BJP, led by Dhumal, doesn`t tender an apology within 15 days, he would send defamation notice to the party. He also said that he would soon come out with documentary proof of misdeeds by Dhumal when he was Chief Minister of the state.
The BJP had yesterday dubbed one-year rule of the Congress in Himachal Pradesh a "dark chapter" in the history of the state, marked by rampant corruption, irregularities, and political vendetta. It had also submitted a 28-page "chargesheet" to Governor Urmilla Singh against state ministers, seeking a CBI probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees