BJP stages walkout in Assembly over denotification of colleges
Shimla: Opposition BJP in Himachal Pradesh on Thursday walked out from the Assembly protesting Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh`s refusal to open eight colleges denotified after the change of government.
Immediately after the reply of the Chief Minister on discussion on demand for grants for the Education department, BJP members, expressed dissatisfaction over his statement and insisted upon opening of colleges denotified by the Congress government.
When the Chief Minister said he has replied to all the issues raised by the Opposition, BJP members refused to relent and walked out from the House.
Speaker BBL Butail put the cut motions to vote after the walk out and the same were rejected by voice vote.
Parliamentary Affairs minister Mukesh Agnihotri, criticised the BJP for staging a walkout and said that there was no justification of walkout after the reply of the Chief Minister.
Earlier, replying to the discussion, Singh said the colleges were notified by the previous BJP government without making any provision for building, staff and other infrastructure.
"The colleges were opened to accomplish mission repeat of the BJP without making any budgetary provisions....I am not opposed to opening of these colleges and feel that the demand of the members may be genuine but the previous government should have made budgetary provisions for making these colleges function," the CM said.
He said "the government would like to open these colleges as and when finances are available."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble