BJP submits memorandum to Guv demanding fresh polls in Himachal
Shimla: The bitter fight between the rulings Congress and the BJP on Wednesday shifted to Raj Bhawan after the Himachal Pradesh Assembly was abruptly adjourned sine die and the rival parties blamed each other for impasse in the House.
The 27-member BJP Legislature party led by former Chief Minister P K Dhumal met Governor Urmilla Singh and presented a memorandum, addressed to the President, demanding dissolution of the assembly for facilitating fresh polls in the state.
Apprising the Governor about the pending business before the assembly, Dhumal said that the plea of the chief minister that there was no business to transact was "untenable" as there was complete agenda, questions, motions and other discussions to last full session.
He said that besides four calling attention motions, private member`s resolutions, over 900 starred and unstarred questions, Lokayukta Bill, Town and Country Planning Bill and discussions on activities of land, mining and drug mafia there were several other issues that the Opposition was not allowed to take up in the House.
Dhumal said that the government was in tearing haste to adjourn the House sine dies and was not even prepared to give 24 hours time to the speaker to?consult the books and she was virtually forced to adjourn it.
In a counter offensive, the members of council of ministers, led by Himachal Pradesh Congress Committee, Sukhvinder Singh Sukkhu also called on the Governor and blamed the BJP members for acting "irresponsibly" in the House and disrupting the proceedings.
"The BJP members lowered the dignity of the house and behaved in an undemocratic manner," they told the Governor.
In a memorandum to the Governor, the Congress minister alleged that the BJP was bent upon "destabilising" the Congress government.
Asserting that the government would complete its full term, the memorandum said that the "people have given clear mandate to the party and the designs of the BJP would not succeed."
"It appears that the BJP has neither any faith in democratic system nor any regard for dignity of the house and had been acting irresponsibility for last three sessions of the assembly and during six sittings in Winter Session, 14 sittings in Budget Session and five sittings in the Monsoon Session, the BJP did not allow the proceedings to run in an orderly manner," the memorandum said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi