BJP tarnishing my image by false allegations: Virbhadra
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Congress president Virbhadra Singh Thursday accused BJP of tarnishing his image over a CAG report on the Steel Ministry, saying the objection raised against the Ministry`s decisions were not pertaining to his tenure.
"The BJP is trying to mislead the people on this issue just to tarnish my image," he told mediapersons here.
The Dhumal government had attacked Virbhadra over his allged involvement in irregularities in the steel ministry.
On the allegations of illegal land deals by his brother-in-law Arun Sen, Singh said he was adopted by the royal family of Kothar estate and inherited the property by virtue of being legal heir.
However, in case he had transacted any land deal in violation of land reforms or ceiling law, the government was free take any action it deemed fit, he said.
He termed the allegations of illegal land deal by Sen as "baseless".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!