BJP tarnishing my image by false allegations: Virbhadra
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Congress president Virbhadra Singh Thursday accused BJP of tarnishing his image over a CAG report on the Steel Ministry, saying the objection raised against the Ministry`s decisions were not pertaining to his tenure.
"The BJP is trying to mislead the people on this issue just to tarnish my image," he told mediapersons here.
The Dhumal government had attacked Virbhadra over his allged involvement in irregularities in the steel ministry.
On the allegations of illegal land deals by his brother-in-law Arun Sen, Singh said he was adopted by the royal family of Kothar estate and inherited the property by virtue of being legal heir.
However, in case he had transacted any land deal in violation of land reforms or ceiling law, the government was free take any action it deemed fit, he said.
He termed the allegations of illegal land deal by Sen as "baseless".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi