‘BJP to give tickets on performance in HP’
Dharamsala: BJP on Thursday said that it will give
tickets to only those MLAs for Assembly polls in the state
next year whose performance in the 2009 parliament elections
"BJP in Himachal Pradesh shall give tickets to only those
sitting MLAs whose performance in the 2009 parliament
elections was commendable in their areas," said Himachal
Irrigation and Public Health Minister Ravinder Singh Ravi.
He was reacting to the media query about the Assembly
elections in the state later this year.
The minister also said that a survey team is already
working in the field to collect data.
Regarding the delimitation of Kangra district for the
next elections, he said that number of constituencies have
been reduced from 16 to 15, affecting many sitting MLAs.
He said, "if given ticket, he shall fight elections from
anywhere as per the directions of the party."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport