‘BJP to give tickets on performance in HP’
Dharamsala: BJP on Thursday said that it will give
tickets to only those MLAs for Assembly polls in the state
next year whose performance in the 2009 parliament elections
"BJP in Himachal Pradesh shall give tickets to only those
sitting MLAs whose performance in the 2009 parliament
elections was commendable in their areas," said Himachal
Irrigation and Public Health Minister Ravinder Singh Ravi.
He was reacting to the media query about the Assembly
elections in the state later this year.
The minister also said that a survey team is already
working in the field to collect data.
Regarding the delimitation of Kangra district for the
next elections, he said that number of constituencies have
been reduced from 16 to 15, affecting many sitting MLAs.
He said, "if given ticket, he shall fight elections from
anywhere as per the directions of the party."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city