‘BJP to give tickets on performance in HP’
Dharamsala: BJP on Thursday said that it will give
tickets to only those MLAs for Assembly polls in the state
next year whose performance in the 2009 parliament elections
"BJP in Himachal Pradesh shall give tickets to only those
sitting MLAs whose performance in the 2009 parliament
elections was commendable in their areas," said Himachal
Irrigation and Public Health Minister Ravinder Singh Ravi.
He was reacting to the media query about the Assembly
elections in the state later this year.
The minister also said that a survey team is already
working in the field to collect data.
Regarding the delimitation of Kangra district for the
next elections, he said that number of constituencies have
been reduced from 16 to 15, affecting many sitting MLAs.
He said, "if given ticket, he shall fight elections from
anywhere as per the directions of the party."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh