Bodies of avalanche victims recovered
Chamba: Bodies of five persons who were
buried under snow after an avalanche hit Himachal Pradesh`s
Chamba district have been recovered.
The deceased were identified as Lal Hussein, Usuf, Mohd
Rafi, Abraham, residents of Chamba district, and Baag Hussain,
a resident of Jammu and Kashmir, an official said here today.
The five were buried under snow after an avalanche hit
Pindi Nala near Bihali village on January 19.
Chamba Deputy Commissioner Sharabh Negi has announced an
immediate relief of Rs 10,000 to the next of kin of the
Meanwhile, 11 houses were reduced to ashes in a fire
which broke out in Dharwas village in snow-bound Pangi tribal
valley of the district last night, officials said.
While the exact loss in the fire is yet to be ascertained,
as many as 25 families were rendered homeless, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere