Bodies of avalanche victims recovered
Chamba: Bodies of five persons who were
buried under snow after an avalanche hit Himachal Pradesh`s
Chamba district have been recovered.
The deceased were identified as Lal Hussein, Usuf, Mohd
Rafi, Abraham, residents of Chamba district, and Baag Hussain,
a resident of Jammu and Kashmir, an official said here today.
The five were buried under snow after an avalanche hit
Pindi Nala near Bihali village on January 19.
Chamba Deputy Commissioner Sharabh Negi has announced an
immediate relief of Rs 10,000 to the next of kin of the
Meanwhile, 11 houses were reduced to ashes in a fire
which broke out in Dharwas village in snow-bound Pangi tribal
valley of the district last night, officials said.
While the exact loss in the fire is yet to be ascertained,
as many as 25 families were rendered homeless, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed