Bodies of avalanche victims recovered
Chamba: Bodies of five persons who were
buried under snow after an avalanche hit Himachal Pradesh`s
Chamba district have been recovered.
The deceased were identified as Lal Hussein, Usuf, Mohd
Rafi, Abraham, residents of Chamba district, and Baag Hussain,
a resident of Jammu and Kashmir, an official said here today.
The five were buried under snow after an avalanche hit
Pindi Nala near Bihali village on January 19.
Chamba Deputy Commissioner Sharabh Negi has announced an
immediate relief of Rs 10,000 to the next of kin of the
Meanwhile, 11 houses were reduced to ashes in a fire
which broke out in Dharwas village in snow-bound Pangi tribal
valley of the district last night, officials said.
While the exact loss in the fire is yet to be ascertained,
as many as 25 families were rendered homeless, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it