Body of 1962 war martyr brought to his hometown in Himachal
Shimla: The body of Karam Chand Katoch, of Dogra Regiment, was brought to his hometown Palampur, Himachal Pradesh on Wednesday. He was killed in the 1962 war with China.
The Indian Army officials identified Katoch’s body and handed it over to his family members in Agojar village near Palampur.
“I feel very proud to be a member of his family, and I salute him from the depth of my heart, “said Raju Katoch’s nephew.
Karam Chand Katoch joined the Indian Army in 1959 in 4th Dogra Regiment when he was 19. At the age of 22, he disappeared somewhere in the mountains of Arunachal Pradesh during the Indo-China war in 1962.
Katoch`s body was recovered from a melting glacier in Arunachal Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range