Body of 1962 war martyr brought to his hometown in Himachal
Shimla: The body of Karam Chand Katoch, of Dogra Regiment, was brought to his hometown Palampur, Himachal Pradesh on Wednesday. He was killed in the 1962 war with China.
The Indian Army officials identified Katoch’s body and handed it over to his family members in Agojar village near Palampur.
“I feel very proud to be a member of his family, and I salute him from the depth of my heart, “said Raju Katoch’s nephew.
Karam Chand Katoch joined the Indian Army in 1959 in 4th Dogra Regiment when he was 19. At the age of 22, he disappeared somewhere in the mountains of Arunachal Pradesh during the Indo-China war in 1962.
Katoch`s body was recovered from a melting glacier in Arunachal Pradesh.
- 33 rescued lions arrive in South Africa in airlift
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation