Body of 1962 war martyr brought to his hometown in Himachal
Shimla: The body of Karam Chand Katoch, of Dogra Regiment, was brought to his hometown Palampur, Himachal Pradesh on Wednesday. He was killed in the 1962 war with China.
The Indian Army officials identified Katoch’s body and handed it over to his family members in Agojar village near Palampur.
“I feel very proud to be a member of his family, and I salute him from the depth of my heart, “said Raju Katoch’s nephew.
Karam Chand Katoch joined the Indian Army in 1959 in 4th Dogra Regiment when he was 19. At the age of 22, he disappeared somewhere in the mountains of Arunachal Pradesh during the Indo-China war in 1962.
Katoch`s body was recovered from a melting glacier in Arunachal Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report