Body of 1962 war martyr brought to his hometown in Himachal
Shimla: The body of Karam Chand Katoch, of Dogra Regiment, was brought to his hometown Palampur, Himachal Pradesh on Wednesday. He was killed in the 1962 war with China.
The Indian Army officials identified Katoch’s body and handed it over to his family members in Agojar village near Palampur.
“I feel very proud to be a member of his family, and I salute him from the depth of my heart, “said Raju Katoch’s nephew.
Karam Chand Katoch joined the Indian Army in 1959 in 4th Dogra Regiment when he was 19. At the age of 22, he disappeared somewhere in the mountains of Arunachal Pradesh during the Indo-China war in 1962.
Katoch`s body was recovered from a melting glacier in Arunachal Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state