Bright sunshine greets Himachal Pradesh, day temperatures rise
Shimla: The day temperatures rose by five to eight degrees in Himachal Pradesh as stormy conditions subsided and bright sunshine greeted people Sunday morning.
The vehicular traffic was restored on Hindustan-Tibet national highway which was closed beyond Dhalli due to heavy snow yesterday.
Snow was also cleared on other link roads in upper Shimla region.
Deputy Commissioner, Shimla, Dinesh Malhotra said snow has been cleared and traffic resumed on
all the roads and HRTC buses are plying as per schedule.
There was no significant change in minimum temperatures which stayed below normal in most parts of the state and Bharmaur, Keylong and Kalpa recorded minimum temperatures at minus 11.0 deg, minus 9.1 deg and minus 3.6 deg while Manali and Solan shivered at minus 2.6 deg and 0.6 deg C.
State capital Shimla recorded a low of 1.1 degree against zero degree yesterday, followed by Una 2.0 deg, Nahan 3.0 deg.
Palampur and Sundernagar 3.2 deg, Bhuntar 3.5 deg and Dharamsala 5.2 deg C.
The high altitude tribal areas reeled under piercing cold wave conditions minimum temperatures staying between minus 16 and minus 25 degree C.
All natural sources of water like lakes, springs and rivulets were frozen in high altitude tribal areas causing sharp reduction in discharge of water in snowfed Sutlej, Beas and Ravi Rivers.
Paonta Sahib in Sirmaur district received 18 mm of rains while Nahan, Jubbal and Solan had 4 mm, 3 mm and 2 mm of rains.
The maximum day temperatures rose by five to eight degree due to sunny weather and Una, Bhuntar and Sundernagar recorded maximum temperature at 20.4 deg, 19.2 deg and 19.1 deg.
Nahan, Solan and Dharamsala which recorded maximum at 17.8 deg, 17.5 deg, and 14.8 degree against 11.0 deg, 10.5 deg and 10.2 deg yesterday.
Shimla recorded 13.6 deg C against 7.5 deg yesterday while Kalpa had maximum temperature at 5.8 deg C.
The local MeT office has predicted dry weather over next 24 hours and rains or snow at many places for the next four days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!