British paraglider dies in Himachal Pradesh
Dharamsala: A British paraglider who went missing in the hills of Himachal Pradesh was found dead on Tuesday, police said.
Pilot Richard Samson died after crashing into the Manandhar hills near Thathri village, some 8 km from here, Additional Superintendent of Police (Kangra) Mohit Chawla told a news agency.
He said the pilot went missing on Monday.
The pilot`s friends filed a missing report with the police on Monday.
"The search and rescue operation was launched yesterday (Monday)," Chawla added.
He said the British High Commission in Delhi has been informed about the incident.
Samson took off from Bir and was due to land at Billing, both situated near here and considered one of the finest aerosport sites in the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!