British paraglider dies in Himachal Pradesh
Dharamsala: A British paraglider who went missing in the hills of Himachal Pradesh was found dead on Tuesday, police said.
Pilot Richard Samson died after crashing into the Manandhar hills near Thathri village, some 8 km from here, Additional Superintendent of Police (Kangra) Mohit Chawla told a news agency.
He said the pilot went missing on Monday.
The pilot`s friends filed a missing report with the police on Monday.
"The search and rescue operation was launched yesterday (Monday)," Chawla added.
He said the British High Commission in Delhi has been informed about the incident.
Samson took off from Bir and was due to land at Billing, both situated near here and considered one of the finest aerosport sites in the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Captured: Witness 70 tiger sharks ripping apart a dead whale! - Watch video
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 56: Delhi Daredevils vs Royal Challengers Bangalore — As it happened...
- Revealed! Alia Bhatt to essay the role of a rape victim in 'Udta Punjab'
- This Gurudwara in Iran is a must-visit for Indians, PM Modi too visited on Sunday
- Check out: 7 ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL things to do in Kovalam beach, Kerala!