British paraglider dies in Himachal Pradesh
Dharamsala: A British paraglider who went missing in the hills of Himachal Pradesh was found dead on Tuesday, police said.
Pilot Richard Samson died after crashing into the Manandhar hills near Thathri village, some 8 km from here, Additional Superintendent of Police (Kangra) Mohit Chawla told a news agency.
He said the pilot went missing on Monday.
The pilot`s friends filed a missing report with the police on Monday.
"The search and rescue operation was launched yesterday (Monday)," Chawla added.
He said the British High Commission in Delhi has been informed about the incident.
Samson took off from Bir and was due to land at Billing, both situated near here and considered one of the finest aerosport sites in the world.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference