BSF battalion to be stationed in Kangra: Himachal CM
Dharamsala: A BSF battalion will be
stationed permanently at Shahpur in Himachal Pradesh`s Kangra
district, Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal said here on Monday.
The state government has allotted the land for this
purpose, he said.
A Disaster Managment Battalion will also be placed
at Nurpur, 70-km from here, in the Kangra district, the Chief
A woman battalion of the state police, the first of
its kind in North India, was recently stationed near Bhakra
Dam, he said.
Dhumal was speaking after laying foundation stones of
development works, which included laying of 400-mt synthetic
track, in Dharamsala.
He said Dharamsala, which already has a stadium of
international standard where two IPL matches were held last
year, is being developed as a sports city.
Dhumal said his government has given benefits to the
tune of nearly Rs 1200 crore to farmers in the state.
An agreement will be signed with the International
Coporation of Japan for development of bio fertilisers in
the state, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Sensex gains 3.5% post Rexit announcement: Report
- Subramanian Swamy tries to raise Mahatma Gandhi's assassination issue in RS
- AAP to woo Dalits by bringing separate ''Dalit manifesto'' in Punjab
- 'Masaan' will always be a special film for me: Richa Chadha
- DoT to issue demand notices this week to 6 telcos for 2006-07