BSF battalion to be stationed in Kangra: Himachal CM
Dharamsala: A BSF battalion will be
stationed permanently at Shahpur in Himachal Pradesh`s Kangra
district, Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal said here on Monday.
The state government has allotted the land for this
purpose, he said.
A Disaster Managment Battalion will also be placed
at Nurpur, 70-km from here, in the Kangra district, the Chief
A woman battalion of the state police, the first of
its kind in North India, was recently stationed near Bhakra
Dam, he said.
Dhumal was speaking after laying foundation stones of
development works, which included laying of 400-mt synthetic
track, in Dharamsala.
He said Dharamsala, which already has a stadium of
international standard where two IPL matches were held last
year, is being developed as a sports city.
Dhumal said his government has given benefits to the
tune of nearly Rs 1200 crore to farmers in the state.
An agreement will be signed with the International
Coporation of Japan for development of bio fertilisers in
the state, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Two criminals arrested; stolen motorcycle, arms recovered
- Congress not to project a CM candidate in Gujarat
- Ranveer Singh's rendition of 'Pardesi Pardesi' is so bad it is actually good! - Watch video
- Balochistan Assembly adopts resolution against PM Narendra Modi - Know details
- JNU rape case: Accused scholar Anmol Ratan suspended from university