Bus falls in gorge in Shimla, at least 20 killed
Shimla: At least 20 passengers were killed when a state roadways bus rolled down a hill and fell into a gorge Tuesday in Himachal Pradesh`s Shimla district, police said.
Rescue operations are on and the toll could rise, said officials.
The bus was on way from Shimla to Savera Khad in Sunni area of the district when the accident occurred near Kadhar Ghat in Basantpur area, around 40 km from here.
Superintendent of Police D.W. Negi told IANS that the bus fell into a 400 m deep gorge. He said the cause of the accident is yet to be ascertained.
Locals said the accident spot has been experiencing continuous rainfall for the past many days, making the road slippery.
The injured have been taken to the Indira Gandhi Medical College and Hospital in Shimla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets