Bus falls in gorge in Shimla, at least 20 killed
Shimla: At least 20 passengers were killed when a state roadways bus rolled down a hill and fell into a gorge Tuesday in Himachal Pradesh`s Shimla district, police said.
Rescue operations are on and the toll could rise, said officials.
The bus was on way from Shimla to Savera Khad in Sunni area of the district when the accident occurred near Kadhar Ghat in Basantpur area, around 40 km from here.
Superintendent of Police D.W. Negi told IANS that the bus fell into a 400 m deep gorge. He said the cause of the accident is yet to be ascertained.
Locals said the accident spot has been experiencing continuous rainfall for the past many days, making the road slippery.
The injured have been taken to the Indira Gandhi Medical College and Hospital in Shimla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!