Bus falls into deep gorge in Himachal`s Sirmaur, 21 killed
Shimla: At least 15 people were killed and several others injured when a bus rolled down a 600-feet deep gorge near Ransua-Jabrog village in Sirmaur district Friday morning.
The bus was on its way from Uchha Takkar to Renuka when the mishap occurred near the village, 75 kms from district headquarters Nahan.
The bus broke into pieces and some of the bodies recovered from the wreckage were mutilated beyond recognition.
The death toll could rise as the chances of survival of any passenger is remote, Additional Deputy Magistrate Manmohan Sharma said.
Fifteen bodies have been recovered and brought to the roadside and search operations to trace the remaining bodies covered under thick grass in difficult terrain is on, SDM, Sangrah, Harish Negi, said.
The total number of passengers travelling in the bus could not be ascertained but local people said that it could be more than 20.
The bodies are being identified but almost all the victims hail from Uchha Takkar, Ransua-Jabrog and?surrounding villages.
Himachal Governor Urmilla Singh, Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh, Transport Minister G.S Bali and former Speaker Ganguram Musafir have expressed grief over the tragedy and conveyed their condolences to the bereaved families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Pakistan directly involved in proxy war in Kashmir: Lt. Gen Hooda
- Beijing urged to accept South China Sea ruling
- Centre will not harm Odisha's interests: Uma Bharti
- Telangana Congress leaders stopped from heading to Mallanna project
- WATCH: When The Great Khali beat 19 opponents to win World Heavyweight title