Bus falls into deep gorge in Himachal`s Sirmaur, 21 killed
Shimla: At least 15 people were killed and several others injured when a bus rolled down a 600-feet deep gorge near Ransua-Jabrog village in Sirmaur district Friday morning.
The bus was on its way from Uchha Takkar to Renuka when the mishap occurred near the village, 75 kms from district headquarters Nahan.
The bus broke into pieces and some of the bodies recovered from the wreckage were mutilated beyond recognition.
The death toll could rise as the chances of survival of any passenger is remote, Additional Deputy Magistrate Manmohan Sharma said.
Fifteen bodies have been recovered and brought to the roadside and search operations to trace the remaining bodies covered under thick grass in difficult terrain is on, SDM, Sangrah, Harish Negi, said.
The total number of passengers travelling in the bus could not be ascertained but local people said that it could be more than 20.
The bodies are being identified but almost all the victims hail from Uchha Takkar, Ransua-Jabrog and?surrounding villages.
Himachal Governor Urmilla Singh, Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh, Transport Minister G.S Bali and former Speaker Ganguram Musafir have expressed grief over the tragedy and conveyed their condolences to the bereaved families.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory