Bus falls into river in Himachal, 32 killed
Shimla: At least 32 passengers were killed when an overloaded private bus plunged into Beas river on Kullu-Mandi national highway on Wednesday. Thirty-two bodies have been recovered and 15 injured persons rescued and rushed to hospital, while some bodies are feared to have been swept away in the river, Deputy Commissioner, Kullu, Sharab Negi, said.
The ill-fated bus, with more than 60 passengers on board, was on its way to Ani from Kullu when it skidded and fell into the river near Jhiri, 20-km from Kullu.
The bus driver jumped off the vehicle before it plunged into the river, Negi said.
Search parties were deployed to trace the missing.
Deputy Commissioners and SPs of Kullu and Mandi districts supervised the rescue operations.
Two reporters of Divya Himachal were also travelling in the bus and one of them received injuries while the other was missing, Negi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state