Bus rolls down gorge in Himachal Pradesh; 11 die
Shimla: Eleven people were killed and 28 others were injured when a state roadways bus skidded off the road and fell into a 100-metre deep gorge in Himachal Pradesh`s Kinnaur district on Thursday evening, police said.
The injured were admitted to nearby hospitals and most of them were out of danger.
The accident took place at Tapri near Sholtu, 250 km from Shimla, around 7 pm, Superintendent of Police Veena Bharti told a news agency on phone.
She said the bus was on the way from Rekong Peo to Keylong in Lahaul and Spiti district.
"After the bus rolled down the hill, it landed on the banks of the Satluj river," she added.
Personnel of Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) were also travelling in the bus and two of them were among the dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch