Bus rolls down gorge in Himachal Pradesh; 11 die
Shimla: Eleven people were killed and 28 others were injured when a state roadways bus skidded off the road and fell into a 100-metre deep gorge in Himachal Pradesh`s Kinnaur district on Thursday evening, police said.
The injured were admitted to nearby hospitals and most of them were out of danger.
The accident took place at Tapri near Sholtu, 250 km from Shimla, around 7 pm, Superintendent of Police Veena Bharti told a news agency on phone.
She said the bus was on the way from Rekong Peo to Keylong in Lahaul and Spiti district.
"After the bus rolled down the hill, it landed on the banks of the Satluj river," she added.
Personnel of Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) were also travelling in the bus and two of them were among the dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa