Bus rolls down gorge in Himachal Pradesh; 11 die
Shimla: Eleven people were killed and 28 others were injured when a state roadways bus skidded off the road and fell into a 100-metre deep gorge in Himachal Pradesh`s Kinnaur district on Thursday evening, police said.
The injured were admitted to nearby hospitals and most of them were out of danger.
The accident took place at Tapri near Sholtu, 250 km from Shimla, around 7 pm, Superintendent of Police Veena Bharti told a news agency on phone.
She said the bus was on the way from Rekong Peo to Keylong in Lahaul and Spiti district.
"After the bus rolled down the hill, it landed on the banks of the Satluj river," she added.
Personnel of Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) were also travelling in the bus and two of them were among the dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!