Bus rolls down gorge in Himachal Pradesh; 11 die
Shimla: Eleven people were killed and 28 others were injured when a state roadways bus skidded off the road and fell into a 100-metre deep gorge in Himachal Pradesh`s Kinnaur district on Thursday evening, police said.
The injured were admitted to nearby hospitals and most of them were out of danger.
The accident took place at Tapri near Sholtu, 250 km from Shimla, around 7 pm, Superintendent of Police Veena Bharti told a news agency on phone.
She said the bus was on the way from Rekong Peo to Keylong in Lahaul and Spiti district.
"After the bus rolled down the hill, it landed on the banks of the Satluj river," she added.
Personnel of Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) were also travelling in the bus and two of them were among the dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra