Bus rolls down gorge in Himachal Pradesh; 11 die
Shimla: Eleven people were killed and 28 others were injured when a state roadways bus skidded off the road and fell into a 100-metre deep gorge in Himachal Pradesh`s Kinnaur district on Thursday evening, police said.
The injured were admitted to nearby hospitals and most of them were out of danger.
The accident took place at Tapri near Sholtu, 250 km from Shimla, around 7 pm, Superintendent of Police Veena Bharti told a news agency on phone.
She said the bus was on the way from Rekong Peo to Keylong in Lahaul and Spiti district.
"After the bus rolled down the hill, it landed on the banks of the Satluj river," she added.
Personnel of Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) were also travelling in the bus and two of them were among the dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday