Car skids off road in Shimla, five killed
Shimla: Five people were killed in this Himachal Pradesh capital on Saturday when their car skidded off the road and rolled down a 1,000-ft-deep gorge.
Police said the cause of the accident is believed to be slippery road due to snow.
"The bodies have been recovered but the car wreckage is yet be retrieved," a police official said. The victims, in the age group of 24 to 32, belonged to Shimla and Theog towns. Some passersby noticed the car in the gorge at Tutikandi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- 2016 Olympics: Russia escape blanket ban, but IOC bars whistle-blower from Rio Games
- Pakistan Daily calls Nawaz Sharif's statement on Kashmir 'wishful thinking and unrealistic'
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Record fifth win sends Lewis Hamilton top
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games
- Watch video: NASA's SDO captures solar material bursting from the sun!