Car skids off road in Shimla, five killed
Shimla: Five people were killed in this Himachal Pradesh capital on Saturday when their car skidded off the road and rolled down a 1,000-ft-deep gorge.
Police said the cause of the accident is believed to be slippery road due to snow.
"The bodies have been recovered but the car wreckage is yet be retrieved," a police official said. The victims, in the age group of 24 to 32, belonged to Shimla and Theog towns. Some passersby noticed the car in the gorge at Tutikandi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir