CCTV cameras to be installed at all bus stands in Himachal
Shimla: To ensure safety of women Himachal Pradesh Transport Corporation would install CCTV cameras at all the bus stands of the state, a state minister said on Sunday.
"A Rs 50-crore special project has been sent to the Centre for approval and it would be implemented as soon as the project is sanctioned," state Transport Minister G S Bali said.
Bali said that 100 new buses would be added to the existing fleet of HRTC on December 13 this year and special flying squads have been constituted to check the overloading in transport vehicles which are inviting accidents.
Denying reports about shortage of edible oil in ration depots, Bali said 7.68 lakh liters of mustard oil has been distributed while balance 80 thousands liters will be released after the money was deposited by the ration deport holders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui