Central team to assess damage due to floods in Him
New Delhi: Government will send a high-level central team to assess the losses due to floods in Himachal Pradesh and help the state authorities in reconstruction and rehabilitation work.
Himachal Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh said this after meeting Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde here on Sunday.
He said top officials from various ministries and departments including those from disaster management, besides banking representatives, will make an on-the-spot assessment of flood damage and assist the state government in reconstruction and rehabilitation programmes.
He said the central government would also be providing funding to the state government under various centrally sponsored schemes.
The Chief Minister apprised the Union Home Minister of the destruction in the state due to flash floods and the steps taken by the state for undertaking massive rescue and relief operations in a time bound manner.
Appreciating the works undertaken by the state, Shinde said the central government will fully assist it in undertaking relief and rehabilitation measures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic