Central team to assess damage due to floods in Him
New Delhi: Government will send a high-level central team to assess the losses due to floods in Himachal Pradesh and help the state authorities in reconstruction and rehabilitation work.
Himachal Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh said this after meeting Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde here on Sunday.
He said top officials from various ministries and departments including those from disaster management, besides banking representatives, will make an on-the-spot assessment of flood damage and assist the state government in reconstruction and rehabilitation programmes.
He said the central government would also be providing funding to the state government under various centrally sponsored schemes.
The Chief Minister apprised the Union Home Minister of the destruction in the state due to flash floods and the steps taken by the state for undertaking massive rescue and relief operations in a time bound manner.
Appreciating the works undertaken by the state, Shinde said the central government will fully assist it in undertaking relief and rehabilitation measures.
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’
- Premier League: Leicester City clinch historic title after Eden Hazard`s stunning late goal vs Tottenham Hotspur
- EPL: Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and other key players who played major roles in Leicester City`s title success