Central team to assess damage due to floods in Him
New Delhi: Government will send a high-level central team to assess the losses due to floods in Himachal Pradesh and help the state authorities in reconstruction and rehabilitation work.
Himachal Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh said this after meeting Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde here on Sunday.
He said top officials from various ministries and departments including those from disaster management, besides banking representatives, will make an on-the-spot assessment of flood damage and assist the state government in reconstruction and rehabilitation programmes.
He said the central government would also be providing funding to the state government under various centrally sponsored schemes.
The Chief Minister apprised the Union Home Minister of the destruction in the state due to flash floods and the steps taken by the state for undertaking massive rescue and relief operations in a time bound manner.
Appreciating the works undertaken by the state, Shinde said the central government will fully assist it in undertaking relief and rehabilitation measures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price