Centre releases Rs 19.70 cr as transport subsidy to Himachal
Shimla: The Centre has released Rs 19.70 crore to Himachal Pradesh as the Central Transport Subsidy, State Industries Minister Mukesh Agnihotri on Saturday said.
Agnihotri said he had met the Union Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma in New Delhi recently and had detailed discussion regarding strengthening the industrial infrastructure in the state, besides releasing Central Transport Subsidy to the state.
It was on account of Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh`s efforts and his continuous pursuance that the Union Government released the Central Transport Subsidy to the state, he said.
The release of Central Transport Subsidy would give a big boost to the industrial development in the state as industries would now be getting Transport Subsidy on transportation of raw materials.
He said this step would not only encourage industrial investment in the state but also ensure that the goods manufactured are priced competitively in the market, Agnihotri added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state