Centre releases Rs 19.70 cr as transport subsidy to Himachal
Shimla: The Centre has released Rs 19.70 crore to Himachal Pradesh as the Central Transport Subsidy, State Industries Minister Mukesh Agnihotri on Saturday said.
Agnihotri said he had met the Union Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma in New Delhi recently and had detailed discussion regarding strengthening the industrial infrastructure in the state, besides releasing Central Transport Subsidy to the state.
It was on account of Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh`s efforts and his continuous pursuance that the Union Government released the Central Transport Subsidy to the state, he said.
The release of Central Transport Subsidy would give a big boost to the industrial development in the state as industries would now be getting Transport Subsidy on transportation of raw materials.
He said this step would not only encourage industrial investment in the state but also ensure that the goods manufactured are priced competitively in the market, Agnihotri added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!