Charges against HPCA very serious: HP Congress
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh unit of Congress on Saturday rejected the claim made by HPCA president Anurag Thakur that an FIR lodged against the state cricket body in an illegal land allotment case was "politically motivated", saying that the charges are of "very serious" in nature.
"The investigations by the state vigilance and anti-corruption bureau have brought out several irregularities in the land allotment process. The normal process of investigations is in progress and law will take its own course," HPCC spokesman Naresh Chauhan told reporters here.
"Himachal Congress had mentioned probe into HPCA affairs as a major issue in its poll manifesto as lot of complaints were received against it and after coming to power, the Congress government is just fulfilling the promise made to people", he added.
Chauhan alleged that HPCA headed by Anurag Thakur, who is also the son of former Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal, had "misused" the name of cricket for his "vested interests" and further investigation would expose glaring irregularities.
It is alleged that the previous BJP regime leased the village common land to HPCA and it not only changed the land use but also constructed a luxury hotel on the land in question.
Another party spokesperson Deepak Sharma has also demanded immediate resignation of HPCA president following registration of a criminal case against the state cricket body headed by him.
"Thakur has no right to continue in the office after the case was slapped against him by the state vigilance bureau," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex