Charges against HPCA very serious: HP Congress
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh unit of Congress on Saturday rejected the claim made by HPCA president Anurag Thakur that an FIR lodged against the state cricket body in an illegal land allotment case was "politically motivated", saying that the charges are of "very serious" in nature.
"The investigations by the state vigilance and anti-corruption bureau have brought out several irregularities in the land allotment process. The normal process of investigations is in progress and law will take its own course," HPCC spokesman Naresh Chauhan told reporters here.
"Himachal Congress had mentioned probe into HPCA affairs as a major issue in its poll manifesto as lot of complaints were received against it and after coming to power, the Congress government is just fulfilling the promise made to people", he added.
Chauhan alleged that HPCA headed by Anurag Thakur, who is also the son of former Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal, had "misused" the name of cricket for his "vested interests" and further investigation would expose glaring irregularities.
It is alleged that the previous BJP regime leased the village common land to HPCA and it not only changed the land use but also constructed a luxury hotel on the land in question.
Another party spokesperson Deepak Sharma has also demanded immediate resignation of HPCA president following registration of a criminal case against the state cricket body headed by him.
"Thakur has no right to continue in the office after the case was slapped against him by the state vigilance bureau," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre