Charges against HPCA very serious: HP Congress
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh unit of Congress on Saturday rejected the claim made by HPCA president Anurag Thakur that an FIR lodged against the state cricket body in an illegal land allotment case was "politically motivated", saying that the charges are of "very serious" in nature.
"The investigations by the state vigilance and anti-corruption bureau have brought out several irregularities in the land allotment process. The normal process of investigations is in progress and law will take its own course," HPCC spokesman Naresh Chauhan told reporters here.
"Himachal Congress had mentioned probe into HPCA affairs as a major issue in its poll manifesto as lot of complaints were received against it and after coming to power, the Congress government is just fulfilling the promise made to people", he added.
Chauhan alleged that HPCA headed by Anurag Thakur, who is also the son of former Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal, had "misused" the name of cricket for his "vested interests" and further investigation would expose glaring irregularities.
It is alleged that the previous BJP regime leased the village common land to HPCA and it not only changed the land use but also constructed a luxury hotel on the land in question.
Another party spokesperson Deepak Sharma has also demanded immediate resignation of HPCA president following registration of a criminal case against the state cricket body headed by him.
"Thakur has no right to continue in the office after the case was slapped against him by the state vigilance bureau," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune