Circulation of CD featuring HP Cong leader: CID registers case
Shimla: A case against unknown persons was on Saturday registered by the crime branch of CID in connection with circulation of an obscene video CD, purportedly portraying a senior Congress leader of Mandi district with a woman.
The FIR was registered on a complaint filed by Hem Singh, who has alleged that the CD was released to tarnish image of the politician.
The crime branch has registered case under various sections of IPC, Indecent Representation of women(prohibition) Act 1986 and sections 66(E) and 67(A) of Information technology Act, police said.
Investigations are on to find out the origin of the CD and the persons behind the release of the CD.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days