Cloudburst in Manali, eight missing
Manali: Twenty-two labourers were injured and at least eight went missing after a cloudburst near Himachal Pradesh`s Manali town, an official said here Thursday.
The cloudburst occurred at around 12.30 a.m. Wednesday in upper Manali, about 18 km from here, Sub-divisional Magistrate Balbir Thakur told reporters.
"One body was recovered eight kilometres downstream from the cloudburst spot. But it is yet to be identified," he said.
Search is on to locate the others, he added.
The workers were involved in construction of the Rohtang tunnel. The accident happened just after they returned from work to their base camps in Dhundi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender