Cloudburst in Manali, eight missing
Manali: Twenty-two labourers were injured and at least eight went missing after a cloudburst near Himachal Pradesh`s Manali town, an official said here Thursday.
The cloudburst occurred at around 12.30 a.m. Wednesday in upper Manali, about 18 km from here, Sub-divisional Magistrate Balbir Thakur told reporters.
"One body was recovered eight kilometres downstream from the cloudburst spot. But it is yet to be identified," he said.
Search is on to locate the others, he added.
The workers were involved in construction of the Rohtang tunnel. The accident happened just after they returned from work to their base camps in Dhundi.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India will be 'Congress-free' if BJP keeps nation 'drought-free': Sanjay Raut
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: Parent firm Finmeccanica yet to be formally blacklisted, says report
- PCB clears Younis Khan after accepting his apology
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net for Chhattisgarh Board CGBSE 10th X Class High School (HS) Exam Results 2016
- #CongressPlanningRiots is trending on Twitter. Here's why