Cloudburst in Manali, eight missing
Manali: Twenty-two labourers were injured and at least eight went missing after a cloudburst near Himachal Pradesh`s Manali town, an official said here Thursday.
The cloudburst occurred at around 12.30 a.m. Wednesday in upper Manali, about 18 km from here, Sub-divisional Magistrate Balbir Thakur told reporters.
"One body was recovered eight kilometres downstream from the cloudburst spot. But it is yet to be identified," he said.
Search is on to locate the others, he added.
The workers were involved in construction of the Rohtang tunnel. The accident happened just after they returned from work to their base camps in Dhundi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore