Cloudburst in Manali, eight missing
Manali: Twenty-two labourers were injured and at least eight went missing after a cloudburst near Himachal Pradesh`s Manali town, an official said here Thursday.
The cloudburst occurred at around 12.30 a.m. Wednesday in upper Manali, about 18 km from here, Sub-divisional Magistrate Balbir Thakur told reporters.
"One body was recovered eight kilometres downstream from the cloudburst spot. But it is yet to be identified," he said.
Search is on to locate the others, he added.
The workers were involved in construction of the Rohtang tunnel. The accident happened just after they returned from work to their base camps in Dhundi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray