Cloudburst wreaks havoc in HP`s Sirmaur district
Shimla: Normal life was disrupted after a cloudburst wreaked havoc in Shambhuwala area of Sirmaur district on Thursday even as heavy rains lashed several parts of the state triggering landslides and blocking of link roads.
Even as incessant torrential rains lashed most parts of Sirmaur district, cloudburst in Shambhuwala village on Nahan Paonta highway led to damage of houses, shops, agricultural land and other properties, causing huge losses.
Though there were no reports of any loss of human lives from the affected villages of Shambhuwala, Bankala, Bohlio, Rukhri and Satiwala, at least six cattle were reported?to have been washed away.
"A cloud burst, which occurred last night, has caused heavy loss in the Shambhuwala area. As per initial reports reaching the district headquarters, mud and silt carried by flash floods entered inside more than 50 houses and shops in Shambhuwala and in 21 houses in Rukhri village" Deputy Commissioner Sirmour Vikas Labroo said.
Besides heavy loss of property, four houses and some cow sheds were buried under the?debris. A car also got buried under the mud but there was no occupant in it.
A team of officers led by Additional Deputy Commissioner Manmohan Sharma is camping at the site to conduct relief and rescue operations, Labroo said, adding, JCB machines have deployed to?open the Nahan Paonta highway.
The traffic on Chandigarh-Nahan-Paonta-Dehradun road remained disrupted till this evening and hundreds of vehicles were stranded on both sides of the road which has been damaged due to landslides at eleven points between Markandey Bridge and Satiwala village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- AAP has become shelter of comedians not having ideology, says BJP
- Bhagwant Mann must be refrained from entering into Parliament: JD(U)
- Pokemon GO launched in Japan, thousands start hunting and capturing monsters
- Oppressed Dalits will teach a lesson to BJP: Arvind Kejriwal in Gujarat
- Una incident: Dalit victim back in hospital ahead of Rahul Gandhi’s visit under 'political pressure'