CM asks officials to make arrangements for stay of Himachalis returning from Iraq
Shimla: Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Friday said he has asked the state`s Resident Commissioner in Delhi to make arrangements for stay and transportation of Himachal Pradesh residents returning from strife-torn Iraq.
Stating that Himachalis stranded in Iraq have started arriving in Delhi, Singh said state government officials have been asked to be at the airport to help the returnees complete required formalities.
According to an official release, the External Affairs Ministry had informed the state government about the return of Himachal Pradesh residents from Iraq.
The Chief Minister has directed the Resident Commissioner to arrange for their stay and food in New Delhi before they leave for their homes, the release said.
Singh also directed the Himachal Road Transport Corporation authorities to provide them free transportation from New Delhi to their respective hometowns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NASA inflates spare room in space
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 (biharboard.bih.nic.in) to be declared today on May 29
- Kiran Bedi to assume charge as Lt Governor of Puducherry today
- Trials of Talgo train to commence today: Know more about it
- Cristiano Ronaldo strikes shoot-out winner as Real Madrid crowned kings of Europe