CM disapproves of HPCC chief asking ministers reasons for LS poll drubbing
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Thursday expressed his disapproval of State Congress committee (HPCC) chief Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu writing to ministers and MLAs asking them to cite reasons for the party`s drubbing in Lok Sabha polls by July 12.
"This should not have been done and if the party asks HPCC chief the same question, what would be his reply?" he told reporters here.
Singh said the reasons for the poll debacle should have been discussed in a cordial atmosphere and questioning the senior party leaders in this manner is not justified.
The Chief Minister said the party faced drubbing in Lok Sabha polls in Himachal, neither because of the government`s policies, nor for any other reason involving the party.
"The aggressive campaign by the BJP, wherein its leader Narendra Modi was shown 24x7 on television channels in the run up to the Lok Sabha polls impacted the minds of people psychologically.
"The BJP did not leave any stone unturned in taking Modi`s name to the common man," he said.
Singh further said that he has no hesitation in accepting that his party`s poll campaign did not match that of BJP.
On the dissolution of Block Congress Committees (BCCs), he said it was the State party president`s prerogative to take action against the partymen.
"The leaders who criticised it in media should not have done it," he said in an indirect reference to two party leaders.
The Chief Minister also said that the Modi government was now functioning against its poll promises and it would go in favour of Congress in Himachal Pradesh.
"Modi had promised `achhey din` (good days), which has been proved wrong after the Modi government came to power," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant