CM rejects demand of judicial probe into clashes at Paonta
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh chief minister Prem
Kumar Dhumal on Monday rejected opposition Congress` demand for a
judicial probe into the violent clashes between two
communities at Paonta Sahib in May last year.
Immediately after the Question Hour in the state Assembly,
Dhumal made a statement into the incidents and said police
investigations were in progress.
Congress members Kaul Singh, Gangu Ram Mussafir and
Harshwardhan said it was a serious and sensitive matter and a
judicial probe by a High Court judge should be ordered.
Giving details of the incident, Dhumal said five members
of "bhati" community were attacked by some members of another
community in which three persons and were killed and three
others were injured.
This incident triggered further incidences of violence
between the two communities, Dhumal said and added that the
police had already arrested eight persons while three others
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended