CM rejects demand of judicial probe into clashes at Paonta
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh chief minister Prem
Kumar Dhumal on Monday rejected opposition Congress` demand for a
judicial probe into the violent clashes between two
communities at Paonta Sahib in May last year.
Immediately after the Question Hour in the state Assembly,
Dhumal made a statement into the incidents and said police
investigations were in progress.
Congress members Kaul Singh, Gangu Ram Mussafir and
Harshwardhan said it was a serious and sensitive matter and a
judicial probe by a High Court judge should be ordered.
Giving details of the incident, Dhumal said five members
of "bhati" community were attacked by some members of another
community in which three persons and were killed and three
others were injured.
This incident triggered further incidences of violence
between the two communities, Dhumal said and added that the
police had already arrested eight persons while three others
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands