CM rejects demand of judicial probe into clashes at Paonta
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh chief minister Prem
Kumar Dhumal on Monday rejected opposition Congress` demand for a
judicial probe into the violent clashes between two
communities at Paonta Sahib in May last year.
Immediately after the Question Hour in the state Assembly,
Dhumal made a statement into the incidents and said police
investigations were in progress.
Congress members Kaul Singh, Gangu Ram Mussafir and
Harshwardhan said it was a serious and sensitive matter and a
judicial probe by a High Court judge should be ordered.
Giving details of the incident, Dhumal said five members
of "bhati" community were attacked by some members of another
community in which three persons and were killed and three
others were injured.
This incident triggered further incidences of violence
between the two communities, Dhumal said and added that the
police had already arrested eight persons while three others
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends