CM rejects demand of judicial probe into clashes at Paonta
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh chief minister Prem
Kumar Dhumal on Monday rejected opposition Congress` demand for a
judicial probe into the violent clashes between two
communities at Paonta Sahib in May last year.
Immediately after the Question Hour in the state Assembly,
Dhumal made a statement into the incidents and said police
investigations were in progress.
Congress members Kaul Singh, Gangu Ram Mussafir and
Harshwardhan said it was a serious and sensitive matter and a
judicial probe by a High Court judge should be ordered.
Giving details of the incident, Dhumal said five members
of "bhati" community were attacked by some members of another
community in which three persons and were killed and three
others were injured.
This incident triggered further incidences of violence
between the two communities, Dhumal said and added that the
police had already arrested eight persons while three others
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH