CM rejects demand of judicial probe into clashes at Paonta
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh chief minister Prem
Kumar Dhumal on Monday rejected opposition Congress` demand for a
judicial probe into the violent clashes between two
communities at Paonta Sahib in May last year.
Immediately after the Question Hour in the state Assembly,
Dhumal made a statement into the incidents and said police
investigations were in progress.
Congress members Kaul Singh, Gangu Ram Mussafir and
Harshwardhan said it was a serious and sensitive matter and a
judicial probe by a High Court judge should be ordered.
Giving details of the incident, Dhumal said five members
of "bhati" community were attacked by some members of another
community in which three persons and were killed and three
others were injured.
This incident triggered further incidences of violence
between the two communities, Dhumal said and added that the
police had already arrested eight persons while three others
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out