Cold wave condition eases marginally in HP
Shimla: The cold wave conditions eased marginally in mid and lower hills of Himachal Pradesh as day temperatures rose by few notches and stayed 7 degrees Celsius above normal while minimum night temperatures remained below normal at most of the places.
Una was hottest in the region with maximum temperature rising to 26.2 deg C while Sundernagar was close with 26.1 deg C, followed by Bhuntar 24.9 deg, Solan 25.5 deg, Nahan 22.5 deg, Dharamsala 20.8 deg, Shimla 19 deg and Kalpa 5.7 deg, 5 to 7.5 deg above normal.
The minimum temperature plummeted by 6 deg to stay at minus 9.4 deg at Keylong in tribal Lahaul and Spiti district and Kalpa in Kinnaur recorded a low of minus 2 deg, followed by Manali 0.8 deg, Saluni 3.5 deg, Bhuntar 4.5 deg, Solan and Sundernagar 5.5 deg, Shimla 6 deg, Palampur and Una 7.5 deg C.
The MeT office here has predicted dry week ahead and sent an advisory to the farmers and orchardists to prone and mend snow damaged plants and apply protective paste like blytox on parts of plants exposed due to injury to prevent fungal infections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!