Cold wave condition eases marginally in HP
Shimla: The cold wave conditions eased marginally in mid and lower hills of Himachal Pradesh as day temperatures rose by few notches and stayed 7 degrees Celsius above normal while minimum night temperatures remained below normal at most of the places.
Una was hottest in the region with maximum temperature rising to 26.2 deg C while Sundernagar was close with 26.1 deg C, followed by Bhuntar 24.9 deg, Solan 25.5 deg, Nahan 22.5 deg, Dharamsala 20.8 deg, Shimla 19 deg and Kalpa 5.7 deg, 5 to 7.5 deg above normal.
The minimum temperature plummeted by 6 deg to stay at minus 9.4 deg at Keylong in tribal Lahaul and Spiti district and Kalpa in Kinnaur recorded a low of minus 2 deg, followed by Manali 0.8 deg, Saluni 3.5 deg, Bhuntar 4.5 deg, Solan and Sundernagar 5.5 deg, Shimla 6 deg, Palampur and Una 7.5 deg C.
The MeT office here has predicted dry week ahead and sent an advisory to the farmers and orchardists to prone and mend snow damaged plants and apply protective paste like blytox on parts of plants exposed due to injury to prevent fungal infections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley