Cold wave condition eases marginally in HP
Shimla: The cold wave conditions eased marginally in mid and lower hills of Himachal Pradesh as day temperatures rose by few notches and stayed 7 degrees Celsius above normal while minimum night temperatures remained below normal at most of the places.
Una was hottest in the region with maximum temperature rising to 26.2 deg C while Sundernagar was close with 26.1 deg C, followed by Bhuntar 24.9 deg, Solan 25.5 deg, Nahan 22.5 deg, Dharamsala 20.8 deg, Shimla 19 deg and Kalpa 5.7 deg, 5 to 7.5 deg above normal.
The minimum temperature plummeted by 6 deg to stay at minus 9.4 deg at Keylong in tribal Lahaul and Spiti district and Kalpa in Kinnaur recorded a low of minus 2 deg, followed by Manali 0.8 deg, Saluni 3.5 deg, Bhuntar 4.5 deg, Solan and Sundernagar 5.5 deg, Shimla 6 deg, Palampur and Una 7.5 deg C.
The MeT office here has predicted dry week ahead and sent an advisory to the farmers and orchardists to prone and mend snow damaged plants and apply protective paste like blytox on parts of plants exposed due to injury to prevent fungal infections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- When drunk driver Shyam Rai revealed all about Sheena Bora murder