Cold wave condition revives in Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: The biting cold wave conditions revived in Himachal Pradesh as the higher reaches experienced moderate to heavy snowfall while the lower hills were lashed by rains, bringing down the temperatures considerably across the state.
Stormy condition prevailed in the region with sharp fall in day temperature by 6-8 deg Celsius across the state, while the minimum temperature dropped marginally by 1 to 2 deg C, MeT office sources said.
The state capital Shimla experienced light snowfall while tourist resorts, Narkanda, Manali, Sangla and Sarahan had another bout of moderate snow.
The high altitude tribal areas of Lahaul and Spiti, Kinnaur, Pangi, Rohtang pass and other high mountains passes are experiencing intermittent heavy snowfall this afternoon.
Keylong, the district headquarter of Lahaul and Spiti recorded a lowest temperature of minus 4.6 deg while it was recorded minus 3 deg C in Kalpa in Kinnaur district, followed by Manali 2 deg, Shimla 6.4 deg, Solan 7 deg, Bhuntar 9 deg and Dharamsala 9.6 deg C respectively.
Una was hottest in the region with day temperature recording at 18.8 deg, followed by Nahan 16.9 deg, Dharamsala 16.4 deg, Bhuntar 11.8 deg, Shimla 8.4 deg and Kalpa 1.2 deg C.
The MeT office has predicted heavy snowfall in higher reaches and rains or thundershowers in lower areas during next 48 hours in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!