Cold wave condition revives in Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: The biting cold wave conditions revived in Himachal Pradesh as the higher reaches experienced moderate to heavy snowfall while the lower hills were lashed by rains, bringing down the temperatures considerably across the state.
Stormy condition prevailed in the region with sharp fall in day temperature by 6-8 deg Celsius across the state, while the minimum temperature dropped marginally by 1 to 2 deg C, MeT office sources said.
The state capital Shimla experienced light snowfall while tourist resorts, Narkanda, Manali, Sangla and Sarahan had another bout of moderate snow.
The high altitude tribal areas of Lahaul and Spiti, Kinnaur, Pangi, Rohtang pass and other high mountains passes are experiencing intermittent heavy snowfall this afternoon.
Keylong, the district headquarter of Lahaul and Spiti recorded a lowest temperature of minus 4.6 deg while it was recorded minus 3 deg C in Kalpa in Kinnaur district, followed by Manali 2 deg, Shimla 6.4 deg, Solan 7 deg, Bhuntar 9 deg and Dharamsala 9.6 deg C respectively.
Una was hottest in the region with day temperature recording at 18.8 deg, followed by Nahan 16.9 deg, Dharamsala 16.4 deg, Bhuntar 11.8 deg, Shimla 8.4 deg and Kalpa 1.2 deg C.
The MeT office has predicted heavy snowfall in higher reaches and rains or thundershowers in lower areas during next 48 hours in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25