Cold wave conditions continue in higher hills of Himachal
Shimla: Intense cold wave conditions persisted in tribal areas and other higher hills of Himachal Pradesh even as maximum temperatures rose by few notches in the lower hills.
Keylong in tribal Lahaul and Spiti district recorded minimum temperature at minus 7.6 degrees Celsius, seven degree below normal while Kalpa, Manali and Bhuntar recorded a low of 1.6 deg C, 3.0 deg C and 5.8 deg C, four degrees below normal.
Nahan recorded minimum temperature at 11.7 deg C, four degrees below normal while Una and Dharmsala recorded a low of 11.2 deg C, followed by Shimla 8.9 deg C, Palampur 8.5 deg C, Solan 8.2 deg C and Saluni 7.0 deg C.
Una was hottest in the region with maximum temperature at 30.0 deg C, while Bhunter and Sundernagar recorded a high of 26.3 deg C and 25.9 deg C, followed by Nahan and Solan 25.0 deg C, Dharamsala 22.6 deg C, Shimla 20.3 deg C and Kalpa 11.4 deg C.
Avalanche threat loomed large over high altitude tribal areas and power supply was yet to be restored in Lahaul valley.
The local MeT office has predicted dry weather in the region tomorrow and rains and snow at isolated places on March 28 onwards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Defender Cedric Soares renews contract with Southampton until 2020
- Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu, Dipa Karmakar, Pullela Gopichand to be gifted BMW cars
- Expect 8% GDP growth in FY17 on back of good monsoon: Shaktikanta Das
- Saarc FMs meet focused on trade, tax avoidance pacts: Das
- Centre to replace J&K governor? Five names doing rounds as his successor