Cold wave conditions continue in higher hills of Himachal
Shimla: Intense cold wave conditions persisted in tribal areas and other higher hills of Himachal Pradesh even as maximum temperatures rose by few notches in the lower hills.
Keylong in tribal Lahaul and Spiti district recorded minimum temperature at minus 7.6 degrees Celsius, seven degree below normal while Kalpa, Manali and Bhuntar recorded a low of 1.6 deg C, 3.0 deg C and 5.8 deg C, four degrees below normal.
Nahan recorded minimum temperature at 11.7 deg C, four degrees below normal while Una and Dharmsala recorded a low of 11.2 deg C, followed by Shimla 8.9 deg C, Palampur 8.5 deg C, Solan 8.2 deg C and Saluni 7.0 deg C.
Una was hottest in the region with maximum temperature at 30.0 deg C, while Bhunter and Sundernagar recorded a high of 26.3 deg C and 25.9 deg C, followed by Nahan and Solan 25.0 deg C, Dharamsala 22.6 deg C, Shimla 20.3 deg C and Kalpa 11.4 deg C.
Avalanche threat loomed large over high altitude tribal areas and power supply was yet to be restored in Lahaul valley.
The local MeT office has predicted dry weather in the region tomorrow and rains and snow at isolated places on March 28 onwards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh