Cold wave conditions continue in higher hills of Himachal
Shimla: Intense cold wave conditions persisted in tribal areas and other higher hills of Himachal Pradesh even as maximum temperatures rose by few notches in the lower hills.
Keylong in tribal Lahaul and Spiti district recorded minimum temperature at minus 7.6 degrees Celsius, seven degree below normal while Kalpa, Manali and Bhuntar recorded a low of 1.6 deg C, 3.0 deg C and 5.8 deg C, four degrees below normal.
Nahan recorded minimum temperature at 11.7 deg C, four degrees below normal while Una and Dharmsala recorded a low of 11.2 deg C, followed by Shimla 8.9 deg C, Palampur 8.5 deg C, Solan 8.2 deg C and Saluni 7.0 deg C.
Una was hottest in the region with maximum temperature at 30.0 deg C, while Bhunter and Sundernagar recorded a high of 26.3 deg C and 25.9 deg C, followed by Nahan and Solan 25.0 deg C, Dharamsala 22.6 deg C, Shimla 20.3 deg C and Kalpa 11.4 deg C.
Avalanche threat loomed large over high altitude tribal areas and power supply was yet to be restored in Lahaul valley.
The local MeT office has predicted dry weather in the region tomorrow and rains and snow at isolated places on March 28 onwards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next