Cold wave conditions continue in Himachal
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh continued to remain in the grip of biting cold on Sunday as temperature in most parts of the state hovered below normal.
While the high-altitude areas continued to shiver under sub-zero temperatures, icy winds swept the plain areas too, Met officials said.
Tribal areas of Keylong and Kalpa recorded minimum temperatures of minus 6.1 and minus 4 degrees respectively.
Tourist resort of Manali recorded a minimum of minus 1.6 followed by Bhuntar and Solan at 3.2 degrees each, capital Shimla 4.1 degrees, Sundernagar and Saluni 4.5 degrees each, Una 6.5 and Nahan 8 degrees.
Temperatures in the upper reaches of the state varied between minus 12 and minus 20 degrees Celsius, Met officials said, adding Una recorded a maximum of 21.6 degrees.
The weatherman forecasts rains or thunderstorms at some places in lower hills of Solan, Mandi, Sirmaur and Kangra districts and heavy snowfall in high reaches of Chamba, Lahaul and Spiti, Kangra, Kullu, Kinnaur and Shimla districts in the next 72 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief