Cold wave conditions continue in Himachal
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh continued to remain in the grip of biting cold on Sunday as temperature in most parts of the state hovered below normal.
While the high-altitude areas continued to shiver under sub-zero temperatures, icy winds swept the plain areas too, Met officials said.
Tribal areas of Keylong and Kalpa recorded minimum temperatures of minus 6.1 and minus 4 degrees respectively.
Tourist resort of Manali recorded a minimum of minus 1.6 followed by Bhuntar and Solan at 3.2 degrees each, capital Shimla 4.1 degrees, Sundernagar and Saluni 4.5 degrees each, Una 6.5 and Nahan 8 degrees.
Temperatures in the upper reaches of the state varied between minus 12 and minus 20 degrees Celsius, Met officials said, adding Una recorded a maximum of 21.6 degrees.
The weatherman forecasts rains or thunderstorms at some places in lower hills of Solan, Mandi, Sirmaur and Kangra districts and heavy snowfall in high reaches of Chamba, Lahaul and Spiti, Kangra, Kullu, Kinnaur and Shimla districts in the next 72 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP