Cold wave conditions continue in Himachal
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh continued to remain in the grip of biting cold on Sunday as temperature in most parts of the state hovered below normal.
While the high-altitude areas continued to shiver under sub-zero temperatures, icy winds swept the plain areas too, Met officials said.
Tribal areas of Keylong and Kalpa recorded minimum temperatures of minus 6.1 and minus 4 degrees respectively.
Tourist resort of Manali recorded a minimum of minus 1.6 followed by Bhuntar and Solan at 3.2 degrees each, capital Shimla 4.1 degrees, Sundernagar and Saluni 4.5 degrees each, Una 6.5 and Nahan 8 degrees.
Temperatures in the upper reaches of the state varied between minus 12 and minus 20 degrees Celsius, Met officials said, adding Una recorded a maximum of 21.6 degrees.
The weatherman forecasts rains or thunderstorms at some places in lower hills of Solan, Mandi, Sirmaur and Kangra districts and heavy snowfall in high reaches of Chamba, Lahaul and Spiti, Kangra, Kullu, Kinnaur and Shimla districts in the next 72 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack