Cold wave conditions continue in HP
Shimla: The severe cold wave conditions continued in the upper reaches and tribal areas of the Himachal Pradesh even as mercury rose marginally in lower hills of the state.
Una was hottest in the region with maximum temperature at 30.4 degree Celsius while Sundernagar and Bhuntar recorded a high of 28.1 degree and 27.0 degree C, followed by Nahan 26.0 degree, Solan 24.5 degree, Dharamsala 24.2 degree and Shimla 20.1 degree C respectively.
The minimum temperatures dropped by few notches to stay at minus 2.2 degree and 2 degree at Keylong and Kalpa in tribal belts, while Manali recorded a low of 3.8 degree Celsius, three degree below normal, followed by Bhuntar 8.2 degree, Solan 9.0 degree, Shimla 9.2 degree, Sundernagar 10.2 degree, Una 10.6 degree, Nahan 12.7 degree and Dharamsala 13.6 degree C respectively.
The weather remained mainly dry in the region while Hamirpur and adjoining areas had light showers.
The local MeT office has predicted dry weather in lower and mid hill and rains and snow at isolated places in higher hills and tribal belt during the next three days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony