Cold wave conditions continue in HP
Shimla: The severe cold wave conditions continued in the upper reaches and tribal areas of the Himachal Pradesh even as mercury rose marginally in lower hills of the state.
Una was hottest in the region with maximum temperature at 30.4 degree Celsius while Sundernagar and Bhuntar recorded a high of 28.1 degree and 27.0 degree C, followed by Nahan 26.0 degree, Solan 24.5 degree, Dharamsala 24.2 degree and Shimla 20.1 degree C respectively.
The minimum temperatures dropped by few notches to stay at minus 2.2 degree and 2 degree at Keylong and Kalpa in tribal belts, while Manali recorded a low of 3.8 degree Celsius, three degree below normal, followed by Bhuntar 8.2 degree, Solan 9.0 degree, Shimla 9.2 degree, Sundernagar 10.2 degree, Una 10.6 degree, Nahan 12.7 degree and Dharamsala 13.6 degree C respectively.
The weather remained mainly dry in the region while Hamirpur and adjoining areas had light showers.
The local MeT office has predicted dry weather in lower and mid hill and rains and snow at isolated places in higher hills and tribal belt during the next three days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list