Cold wave conditions continue in HP
Shimla: The severe cold wave conditions continued in the upper reaches and tribal areas of the Himachal Pradesh even as mercury rose marginally in lower hills of the state.
Una was hottest in the region with maximum temperature at 30.4 degree Celsius while Sundernagar and Bhuntar recorded a high of 28.1 degree and 27.0 degree C, followed by Nahan 26.0 degree, Solan 24.5 degree, Dharamsala 24.2 degree and Shimla 20.1 degree C respectively.
The minimum temperatures dropped by few notches to stay at minus 2.2 degree and 2 degree at Keylong and Kalpa in tribal belts, while Manali recorded a low of 3.8 degree Celsius, three degree below normal, followed by Bhuntar 8.2 degree, Solan 9.0 degree, Shimla 9.2 degree, Sundernagar 10.2 degree, Una 10.6 degree, Nahan 12.7 degree and Dharamsala 13.6 degree C respectively.
The weather remained mainly dry in the region while Hamirpur and adjoining areas had light showers.
The local MeT office has predicted dry weather in lower and mid hill and rains and snow at isolated places in higher hills and tribal belt during the next three days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Uttar Pradesh Police personnel to get offs every 10 days
- Eight police killed in southeast Turkey car bomb attack: Report
- AAP 'intentionally' framed Punjab chief Chhotepur before expelling him: Dharamvira Gandhi
- Juno probe to make its closest approach to Jupiter tomorrow!
- SHOCKING! Diego Maradona claims Lionel Messi 'staged' international retirement - Here's why