Cold wave conditions continue in HP
Shimla: The severe cold wave conditions continued in the upper reaches and tribal areas of the Himachal Pradesh even as mercury rose marginally in lower hills of the state.
Una was hottest in the region with maximum temperature at 30.4 degree Celsius while Sundernagar and Bhuntar recorded a high of 28.1 degree and 27.0 degree C, followed by Nahan 26.0 degree, Solan 24.5 degree, Dharamsala 24.2 degree and Shimla 20.1 degree C respectively.
The minimum temperatures dropped by few notches to stay at minus 2.2 degree and 2 degree at Keylong and Kalpa in tribal belts, while Manali recorded a low of 3.8 degree Celsius, three degree below normal, followed by Bhuntar 8.2 degree, Solan 9.0 degree, Shimla 9.2 degree, Sundernagar 10.2 degree, Una 10.6 degree, Nahan 12.7 degree and Dharamsala 13.6 degree C respectively.
The weather remained mainly dry in the region while Hamirpur and adjoining areas had light showers.
The local MeT office has predicted dry weather in lower and mid hill and rains and snow at isolated places in higher hills and tribal belt during the next three days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'