Cold wave conditions ease in Himachal`s lower hills
Shimla: Cold wave conditions eased in the
Queen of the Hills and in the lower hills of Himachal Pradesh
today even as high-altitude Lahaul-Spiti reeled under sub-zero
The state capital experienced a sunny day and the
minimum rose to 5.6 degree celsius from yesterday`s 2.1
degrees, the Met office said.
Elsewhere in the state Sundernagar recorded a minimum
temperature of 2.7 degrees while it was 1.2 degrees in
Kalpa, in Kinnaur district, recorded a low of 4.3
degrees while it was five degrees in Mandi and 6.6 degrees in
Nahan, the Met office said.
Keylong, the district headquarters of Lahaul-Spiti,
was the coldest place in the state with a night temperature of
minus 11.6 degrees.
The Met office has forecast mainly dry weather in the
lower areas while there could be rain or snow in isolated
places in the higher reaches tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery