Cold wave conditions ease in Himachal`s lower hills
Shimla: Cold wave conditions eased in the
Queen of the Hills and in the lower hills of Himachal Pradesh
today even as high-altitude Lahaul-Spiti reeled under sub-zero
The state capital experienced a sunny day and the
minimum rose to 5.6 degree celsius from yesterday`s 2.1
degrees, the Met office said.
Elsewhere in the state Sundernagar recorded a minimum
temperature of 2.7 degrees while it was 1.2 degrees in
Kalpa, in Kinnaur district, recorded a low of 4.3
degrees while it was five degrees in Mandi and 6.6 degrees in
Nahan, the Met office said.
Keylong, the district headquarters of Lahaul-Spiti,
was the coldest place in the state with a night temperature of
minus 11.6 degrees.
The Met office has forecast mainly dry weather in the
lower areas while there could be rain or snow in isolated
places in the higher reaches tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding