Cold wave conditions ease in Himachal`s lower hills
Shimla: Cold wave conditions eased in the
Queen of the Hills and in the lower hills of Himachal Pradesh
today even as high-altitude Lahaul-Spiti reeled under sub-zero
The state capital experienced a sunny day and the
minimum rose to 5.6 degree celsius from yesterday`s 2.1
degrees, the Met office said.
Elsewhere in the state Sundernagar recorded a minimum
temperature of 2.7 degrees while it was 1.2 degrees in
Kalpa, in Kinnaur district, recorded a low of 4.3
degrees while it was five degrees in Mandi and 6.6 degrees in
Nahan, the Met office said.
Keylong, the district headquarters of Lahaul-Spiti,
was the coldest place in the state with a night temperature of
minus 11.6 degrees.
The Met office has forecast mainly dry weather in the
lower areas while there could be rain or snow in isolated
places in the higher reaches tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?