Cold wave conditions in HP
Shimla: Cold wave conditions prevailed in the tribal areas and higher reaches of Himachal Pradesh on Wednesday even as the mercury rose in the lower hills by a few notches.
Keylong and Kalpa in the tribal districts of Lahaul and Spiti and Kinnaur reeled under bone chilling conditions with the minimum temperature recorded at minus 6.1 deg C and minus 5.6 deg C respectively.
Manali recorded a low of 0.8 deg C, followed by Bhuntar 4.4 deg C, Solan 4.5 deg C, Sundernagar 4.9 deg C, Una 6.4 deg C and Dharamsala 8.2 deg C.
Una was hottest in the region with the maximum of 26.8 deg C, Sundernagar 23.7 deg C, Bhuntar 21.8 deg C, Nahan 21.6 deg C, Solan 20.6 deg C, Dharamsala 19.4 deg C and Shimla 14.5 deg C.
The weather remained dry with bright sunshine throughout the day.
The local MeT office has warned of heavy snowfall in higher reaches of Chamba, Lahaul and Spiti, Kullu, Kinnaur and Shimla while heavy rainfall and thundershowers could occur at isolated places of Una, Shimla and Sirmour districts from midnight of February 15 to midnight of February 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?