Cold wave conditions persist in most parts of HP
Shimla: The intense cold wave conditions persisted in several parts of Himachal Pradesh as tribal areas and other higher reaches had fresh snowfall while mid and lower hills received widespread rains accompanied by thunderstorm.
Keylong and Kalpa in tribal Lahaul and Spiti districts had 14 cm and 5 cm of snow while Tissa in Chamba district recorded 10 cm of fresh snow.
The high mountain passes of Rohtang, Kunzam, Saach and Chansel and Dhauladhar and Churdhar ranges had another spell of snow while adjoining valley areas were lashed by rains and thunderstorm.
Dehragopipur was wettest in the region with 48 mm of rains while Nagrotasurian and Ghamroor had 28 mm of rains, followed by Saluni 27 mm, Nadaun 24 mm, Amb 22 mm, Bangana 19 mm, Hamirpur and Guler 17 mm, Nurpur and Una 16 mm, Dalhousie 15 mm, Rajgarh 14 mm, Dharamsala 13 mm and Arki and Mandi 12 mm.
The maximum day temperature dipped marginally and stayed at 23.7 deg Celsius at Una, which was hottest in the region while Nahan recorded a high of 20.9 deg, followed by Dharamsala 19.2 deg, Solan 17.6 deg, Sundernagar 13.4 deg, Shimla 13.1 deg, Bhuntar 11.8 deg and Kalpa 4 deg C respectively.
The minimum temperatures did not show any appreciable change and Keylong and Kalpa in tribal areas recorded a low of minus 2.7 deg and minus 2 deg while Saluni shivered at 1.5 deg C.
Shimla and Manali recorded minimum temperature at 3.2 deg Celsius while Solan recorded a low of 7 deg, followed by Bhuntar 7.3 deg, Palampur 8 deg, Nahan and Dharamsala 8.2 deg, Sundernagar 9.6 deg and Una 24 deg C respectively.
The local MeT office has predicted dry weather in mid and lower hills during the next 48 hours and rains or snow at isolated places in the higher hills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Swiss fighter jet missing, believed crashed: Ministry
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir