Cold wave continues in HP, water pipes freeze in Shimla
Shimla: Intense cold wave conditions persisted today across Himachal Pradesh as minimum temperatures dropped by a few notches to stay two to four degree below normal.
Water pipes were frozen in many parts of Shimla as the mercury dipped to 1 degree celsius while Manali, Solan, Sundernagar and Bhuntar reeled under subzero temperature with minimum temperature at minus 3.0 degree, minus 2.4 degree, minus 1.4 degree and minus 1.2 degree respectively.
The mercury hovered around freezing point at most of the places in mid and higher hills while thick fog engulfed the towns along the banks of major rivers in the morning hours, affecting movement of vehicular traffic.
Mandi and Palampur recorded a low of 2.1 degree and 2.4 degree while Nahan and Dharamsala recorded minimum temperature at 4.5 degree, three degree below normal.
Keylong and Kalpa in twin tribal districts of Lahaul and Spiti and Kinnaur recorded minimum Temperatures at minus 10 degree and minus 4.6 degree while high altitude tribal areas reeled under piercing cold wave conditions with minimum temperatures staying between minus 12 and minus 22 degree celsius.
Day temperatures remained steady in the region with Sundernagar hottest in the region with a high of 18.4 degree, followed by Dharamshala 18.2 degree, Bhunter 18.0 degree, Nahan and Solan 17.1 degree, Shimla 12.5 degree, Una 11.2 degree and Kalpa 9.9 degree.
The local MeT office has predicted dry weather in the region during next three days with marginal fall in night temperatures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state