Cold wave continues unabated in Himachal
Shimla: Intense cold wave conditions continued in most parts of Himachal even as the region remained dry and day temperatures rose marginally in lower hills.
Tribal Lahaul and Bharmaur valleys had no respite from piercing cold wave conditions.
The majestic Dhauladhar ranges in Kangra district donning a mantle of impeccable white snow presented a dazzling look as morning sun rays fell on snow-clad pinnacles.
While the higher reaches in tribal areas had mild snowfall, lower areas were lashed by chilly winds and the mild sun failed to warm up the region.
All roads in the non-tribal areas have been opened and normal traffic has been restored.
Keylong and Bharmaur recorded a low of minus 12.9 degrees Celsius and minus 11.1 degrees Celsius respectively while Kalpa and Manali recorded minus 2.4 degrees Celsius followed by Bhuntar 2, Sundernagar 2.4, Solan 3, Shimla 3.7, Nahan 4.2 and Una 5 degrees Celsius.
The maximum temperatures rose marginally in lower hills. Una was hottest with 22.2 degrees Celsius, followed by Sundernagar 20.3, Solan 18, Bhunter 17.4, Nahan 16.5, Dharamshala 16.2, Shimla 15 and Kalpa 3.6 degrees Celsius.
The local MeT office predicted rains or snow in higher hills tomorrow and dry weather in mid and lower areas of the state from today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why