Cold wave eases in tribal areas of HP despite mild snowfall
Shimla: Intense cold wave conditions eased in tribal areas of Himachal Pradesh inspite of mild snowfall.
Kalpa and Keylong in tribal Kinnaur and Lahaul and Spiti districts recorded 4 cms of snow and minimum temperature was zero degree Celsius.
Dharamsala, Kangra and Palampur had 2 mms of rains.
Minimum temperatures shot up in the lower hills with Kangra and Nahan recording a low of 16.6 degrees Celsius and 15 degrees Celsius while Sundernagar recorded a minimum of 14.7 degrees Celsius, 7 degrees Celsius above normal, while Bhuntar recorded a low of 13.3 degrees Celsius.
Solan and Dharamsala registered 10.2 degrees Celsius, Shimla 9.2 degrees Celsius and Manali 5.8 degrees Celsius, 2 degrees above normal.
Day temperatures remained moderate in most of the places except Una in Shivalik foothills which was the hottest in the region with a high of 32.7 degrees Celsius.
Sundernagar and Solan recorded the maximum temperature of 25.5 degrees Celsius.
Nahan recorded 24.1 degrees Celsius, followed by Dharamsala 21.6 degrees Celsius, Shimla 19.3 degrees Celsius, Bhuntar 19.1 degrees Celsius and Kalpa 3.4 degrees Celsius.
The sky remained overcast and chilly winds swept the region. The local MeT office has predicted rains or snowfall in higher hills during the next 48 hours with no significant change in mercury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court