Cold wave eases in tribal areas of HP despite mild snowfall
Shimla: Intense cold wave conditions eased in tribal areas of Himachal Pradesh inspite of mild snowfall.
Kalpa and Keylong in tribal Kinnaur and Lahaul and Spiti districts recorded 4 cms of snow and minimum temperature was zero degree Celsius.
Dharamsala, Kangra and Palampur had 2 mms of rains.
Minimum temperatures shot up in the lower hills with Kangra and Nahan recording a low of 16.6 degrees Celsius and 15 degrees Celsius while Sundernagar recorded a minimum of 14.7 degrees Celsius, 7 degrees Celsius above normal, while Bhuntar recorded a low of 13.3 degrees Celsius.
Solan and Dharamsala registered 10.2 degrees Celsius, Shimla 9.2 degrees Celsius and Manali 5.8 degrees Celsius, 2 degrees above normal.
Day temperatures remained moderate in most of the places except Una in Shivalik foothills which was the hottest in the region with a high of 32.7 degrees Celsius.
Sundernagar and Solan recorded the maximum temperature of 25.5 degrees Celsius.
Nahan recorded 24.1 degrees Celsius, followed by Dharamsala 21.6 degrees Celsius, Shimla 19.3 degrees Celsius, Bhuntar 19.1 degrees Celsius and Kalpa 3.4 degrees Celsius.
The sky remained overcast and chilly winds swept the region. The local MeT office has predicted rains or snowfall in higher hills during the next 48 hours with no significant change in mercury.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged