Cold wave further intensifies in Himachal
Shimla: The intense cold wave conditions sweeping hills and valleys of Himachal Pradesh further intensified Monday as the entire tribal and other higher reaches received another spell of fresh snowfall, and mid and lower hills had widespread rains accompanied by icy winds.
The state capital Shimla, which had a cloudy day, received heavy intermittent showers in the evening while tribal areas of Lahaul and Spiti, Kinnaur, Pangi and Bharmaur, the mighty Dhauladhar and Churdhar ranges in Kangra and Sirmaur and high mountain passes had intermittent heavy snowfall.
The minimum temperatures which improved by a few notches again plummeted after fresh rains and snow, and the local MeT office has warned of heavy snowfall at isolated places in the next 48 hours.
Bharmaur, Keylong and Kalpa recorded a low of minus 8.1 degree Celsius, minus 2.7 degree and minus 0.4 degree, while Manali shivered at 2.0 degree C.
Shimla and Una recorded minimum temperature at 5.0 degree and 5.4 degree C respectively, while Nahan and Dharamsala recorded a low of 7.4 degree and 7.6 degree, followed by Palampur, Solan and Chamba 8.0 degree, Sundernagar 8.4 degree and Bhuntar 10.0 degree C.
Meanwhile, a state government spokesman today said as per the advisory received from the Met Department, Union Home Ministry, Himachal Pradesh would experience precipitation at many places on February 3 and 4 and as a result, heavy snowfall and rain might take place.
He said that light to moderate precipitation activity would also affect the Western Himalayan region from February 5 onwards with chance of increase in activity on February 6 and 7 due to western disturbance.
Keeping in view the advisory, necessary directions to all the Deputy Commissioners and concerned departments had been issued to take appropriate precautionary measures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi