Cold wave intensifies HP
Shimla: The biting cold wave sweeping parts
of Himachal Pradesh aggravated on Friday as minimum temperatures
dropped by two to three degree even as weather remained dry in
Manali reeled under piercing cold wave conditions with
minimum temperature dipping to minus 5.4 degree while Bhuntar
and Solan shivered at 0.2 degree and 0.7 degree C.
Shimla recorded a low of 1.6 degree while Sundernagar,
Dharamsala, Palampur and Una recorded minimum temperatures 2.
7 degree, 3.3 degree, 3.5 degree and 3.8 degree respectively,
two to four degree below normal.
Keylong in Lahaul and Spiti district recorded a low of
minus 15.6 degree while Kalpa in adjoing tribal district of
Kinnaur shivered at minus 9. 5 degree.
Kalpa recorded 11.4cm of snow while Manali received 5 cm
of fresh snow.
Local MeT office has predicted rains at isolated places
and snow in higher reaches in the next 48 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town