Cold wave intensifies HP
Shimla: The biting cold wave sweeping parts
of Himachal Pradesh aggravated on Friday as minimum temperatures
dropped by two to three degree even as weather remained dry in
Manali reeled under piercing cold wave conditions with
minimum temperature dipping to minus 5.4 degree while Bhuntar
and Solan shivered at 0.2 degree and 0.7 degree C.
Shimla recorded a low of 1.6 degree while Sundernagar,
Dharamsala, Palampur and Una recorded minimum temperatures 2.
7 degree, 3.3 degree, 3.5 degree and 3.8 degree respectively,
two to four degree below normal.
Keylong in Lahaul and Spiti district recorded a low of
minus 15.6 degree while Kalpa in adjoing tribal district of
Kinnaur shivered at minus 9. 5 degree.
Kalpa recorded 11.4cm of snow while Manali received 5 cm
of fresh snow.
Local MeT office has predicted rains at isolated places
and snow in higher reaches in the next 48 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan