Cold wave intensifies HP
Shimla: The biting cold wave sweeping parts
of Himachal Pradesh aggravated on Friday as minimum temperatures
dropped by two to three degree even as weather remained dry in
Manali reeled under piercing cold wave conditions with
minimum temperature dipping to minus 5.4 degree while Bhuntar
and Solan shivered at 0.2 degree and 0.7 degree C.
Shimla recorded a low of 1.6 degree while Sundernagar,
Dharamsala, Palampur and Una recorded minimum temperatures 2.
7 degree, 3.3 degree, 3.5 degree and 3.8 degree respectively,
two to four degree below normal.
Keylong in Lahaul and Spiti district recorded a low of
minus 15.6 degree while Kalpa in adjoing tribal district of
Kinnaur shivered at minus 9. 5 degree.
Kalpa recorded 11.4cm of snow while Manali received 5 cm
of fresh snow.
Local MeT office has predicted rains at isolated places
and snow in higher reaches in the next 48 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Absconding rape accused AISA leader Anmol Ratan to apply for anticipatory bail
- Silly to have advertised my Chevalier award: Kamal Haasan
- Chikungunya outbreak in Delhi: Symptoms, tips to stay safe!
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details