Cold wave persists in Himachal; day temperatures rise
Shimla: Intense cold wave gripped mid and
higher reaches of Himachal Pradesh even as the day temperature
rose marginally in the lower regions.
Keylong and Kalpa in tribal districts of Lahaul and Spiti
and Kinnaur recorded a low of minus 13.7 degree and minus 5
degree C, a fall of three degrees, while the maximum day
temperature rose to 8 degree C in Kalpa, three degrees above
The state capital Shimla recorded a low of 3.2 degree
while Bhuntar, Sundenagar, Solan, Mandi, Dharamsala and Una
recorded minimum temperatures at 1.5 degree, 2.0 degree, 2.1
degree, 3.0 degree, 4.0 degree and 4.6 degree respectively,
which were close to normal.
However, the day temperatures remained two to five
degrees above normal, with Una recording the highest day
temperature at 22.8 degree, followed by Sundernagar 20.6,
Bhuntar 20.0, Solan 19.5 degree, Mandi 18.8, Palampur 18.0
degree and state capital Shimla 13.0 degree.
The sky remained partially overcast in Shimla and
adjoining areas causing marginal fall in day temperature but
the weather remained mainly dry.
The high altitude tribal areas had no respite from biting
cold wave as minimum temperatures stayed between minus 17 and
minus 24 degree C.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!