Cold wave persists in Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: Biting cold wave conditions persisted in Himachal Pradesh as minimum temperatures remained below normal in most parts of the state and tribal areas groaned under bone chilling cold with mercury staying between minus 14.6 to minus 28 degree Celsius.
Keylong and Kalpa in tribal Lahaul and Spiti and Kinnaur districts recorded a low of minus 14.5 degree and minus 7.8 degree C while key tourist resort of Manali shivered at minus 4.4 degree Celsius.
Bhuntar recorded minimum temperature at minus 0.7 degree while Sundernagar and Solan recorded a low of 0.7 degree and 0.4 degree C, followed by Shimla and Saluni 3.0 degree and Nahan 5.0 degree, three degrees below normal.
Several areas in upper Shimla and Kullu districts remained cut off due to heavy snowfall but Hindusthan-Tibet National highway has been opened upto Karchham via Narkanda but road beyond Manali was blocked due to heavy snowfall.
Thick ground frost occurred in mid and higher hills and slippery road conditions made vehicular traffic hazardous.
The local MeT office has predicted dry weather during the next four days with marginal rise in mercury.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'