Cold wave persists in Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: Biting cold wave conditions persisted in Himachal Pradesh as minimum temperatures remained below normal in most parts of the state and tribal areas groaned under bone chilling cold with mercury staying between minus 14.6 to minus 28 degree Celsius.
Keylong and Kalpa in tribal Lahaul and Spiti and Kinnaur districts recorded a low of minus 14.5 degree and minus 7.8 degree C while key tourist resort of Manali shivered at minus 4.4 degree Celsius.
Bhuntar recorded minimum temperature at minus 0.7 degree while Sundernagar and Solan recorded a low of 0.7 degree and 0.4 degree C, followed by Shimla and Saluni 3.0 degree and Nahan 5.0 degree, three degrees below normal.
Several areas in upper Shimla and Kullu districts remained cut off due to heavy snowfall but Hindusthan-Tibet National highway has been opened upto Karchham via Narkanda but road beyond Manali was blocked due to heavy snowfall.
Thick ground frost occurred in mid and higher hills and slippery road conditions made vehicular traffic hazardous.
The local MeT office has predicted dry weather during the next four days with marginal rise in mercury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed